Re-launch USA Countdown!

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 1: Curse of the Mistwraith: Curse of the Mistwraith: Re-launch USA Countdown!
   By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 08:50 am: Edit Post

Only thirty one days until May, and Curse of the Mistwraith hits the shelves in the USA, once again.

Get ready - there will be a launch party!

By motley on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 03:59 pm: Edit Post

Really happy that's happening for you. (And for your readers) Long overdue. *cheer*

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 11:11 pm: Edit Post

*Pictures the throngs, gathered near Janny's local bookstore as though they were awaiting a Star Wars movie.*

"Paravians to the left. Clansmen in the middle. Fellowship, Necromancers and hedge witches, to the right. 'Ear now, 'oo left this bloody Khadrim in the middle of the road?"

Tick, tick, Talespinner. Muchas congratas; it's been a long time!

By Or Raifman on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 09:35 am: Edit Post

hi
i have been lurking here for some time now, i wanted to let you know that looks like it will be even earlier than that

Amazon just changed curse of the mistwraith to "in stock"

and my order containing it went to "shipping sonn"

can't wait to finally read this series

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 10:46 am: Edit Post

Or Raifman, welcome here!

And thanks for the sharp lookout!

May folks pile up for their orders in droves...I like that image, Mark Stephen Kominski!

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 12:19 am: Edit Post

So let it be written, so let it be done, ! ;-)

*Wonders why he's wearing Pharoh's headgear all of a sudden*

By Trys on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 11:49 am: Edit Post

My Amazon order has shipped with an estimated delivery date of April 7 though it's possible I could see 'em on Monday the 6th. One of 'em is getting shrink wrapped for posterity. :-)

By Wayne on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 09:28 am: Edit Post

Mine also shows Tuesday for arrival date. And usually it does arrive early. :-)

Just looked at UPS it says MONDAY :-) :-)

By Sandtiger on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 11:39 am: Edit Post

What I don't understand is why I can't order these from Canadian stores. Not that I have an issue with ordering from the US - but I thought the idea was that they would be available throughout North America? They aren't listed on Chapters or Amazon.ca that I can find.

When my friend who works at Bakka comes back from Vacation, I am going to see if she knows what is up.

Jana

By Theresa on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 03:29 pm: Edit Post

I have a sighting in the wild - B&N, in Tulsa, of all places. Go figure! Curse is on the shelves again!

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 05:14 pm: Edit Post

Jana - thank you for letting me know this is a problem, I will report it back, immediately!

Theresa - wow, yay! Thanks for reporting the sighting!

The Relaunch Begins!!!

By Janny Wurts on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 02:46 pm: Edit Post

Word back on Canadian listings: Amazon Canada should be quickly corrected - the chains may take a little longer, it's being addressed.

If anyone else encounters problems, do speak up! What you notice could be critical, caught in time, the correction is a godsend.

Thanks again, Jana.

By Sandtiger on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 02:33 pm: Edit Post

Wonderful news - and I will keep my eyes out!

Jana

By Trys on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 03:08 pm: Edit Post

Jana,

"I will keep my eyes out!"...

if you keep your eyes out of your head however will you see anything? <g,d,rlh>

Trys

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 11:13 pm: Edit Post

Oh dear.

I've infected the Gryphon with my silliness.

*Wonders if it will take sunchildren to lift the curse....*

By BillBob on Friday, April 10, 2009 - 08:49 pm: Edit Post

Was just at B&N in Charlottesville, VA and there were 3 copies on the shelf. Waiting for payday to pick up a new copy.

By Or Raifman on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 01:48 pm: Edit Post

something funny just happened

Warhost of Vastmark changed to shipping soon on amazon, before The Ships of Merior

also has amazon sold out on The Ships of Merior???,
it is no longer available for order (i already ordered mine and it seems like there is no change about it)

also i am reading curse and enjoying it greatly

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 03:18 pm: Edit Post

Or Raifman - thanks for the heads-up - the great Gryphon here :-) already noticed this, and I've queried my editor in London - it's Easter weekend, so I don't expect a response till next week.

I'll report back just as soon as I find out - I deeply appreciate your post. If I hadn't been informed, this would have been critical.

By Brian Uri! on Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 03:21 pm: Edit Post

I ordered the first three at the same time and received Warhost almost immediately. Ships and Curse finally shipped out in the same pack after four or five days of "shipping soon".

By Sandtiger on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 08:59 am: Edit Post

Ah Trys - you make me laugh. ::grin::

I will endeavour to keep them both in my head and on the lookout!

Jana

By Brian Uri! on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 02:47 pm: Edit Post

My package containing Curse and Ships just arrived, but instead of Ships, I got another copy of Warhost.

Maybe Ships is going to be a rare prize, like Boardwalk in the old McDonalds Monopoly game ;)

By Janny Wurts on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 02:55 pm: Edit Post

I have no response, yet, from London...

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 10:59 pm: Edit Post

Sadly Brian, the shipping clerk (in your case, at least) is apparently not a Wurts fan....hope it gets straightened out soon.

By Konran on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 02:48 pm: Edit Post

Mistwraith sighting report :-) My husband was at Barnes and Noble the other day and he said they had it. Also my local library system has at least the first few books on order (I checked out of curiosity because I was thinking about buying a copy and donating it... after all, that's how I got into the series!) Just a heads up :-)

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 05:08 pm: Edit Post

Konran - thanks so much for the update. Where are you located?

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:24 pm: Edit Post

Yep. Saw it at B&N over the weekend here in Montgomery County, Md., too, and in the new releases section, no less.

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 09:46 am: Edit Post

New Releases? Oh, now that is REALLY GOOD NEWS!!
Thank you for noticing that.

It indicates a certain amount of effort and commitment on the publisher's part. Cool.

By Konran on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 01:33 pm: Edit Post

Janny - I'm in Portland, OR

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 05:38 am: Edit Post

You're quite welcome, Madam Talespinner. A good start for it, perhaps?

By Alan on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 08:07 am: Edit Post

Has anyone else received notices about delays in getting CotM, SoM, and WoV from Amazon? I placed my order on the 27th of April, and got a notice today that it's going to be late May for CotM and WoV before they ship and mid-June for SoM. :-(

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 08:45 am: Edit Post

Hi Alan - are you a new reader?

"Technically" the releases for these books in the USA was meant to be: May, Curse of the Mistwraith, June, Ships of Merior, July, Warhost of Vastmark, but for some reason, Amazon US decided to ship them all straight off - so I am very curious, and pleased, to be kept up to date on what is happening.

Sometimes readers see problems in the distribution chain first, and it really helps a lot if I can take them straight to the top.

Meantime, you do have my sympathy! Keep me apprised.

By Clansman on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 09:08 am: Edit Post

Just checked Amazon.ca again, and no new listings. The old publication of Curse of the Mistwraith is mis-named: "Curse of the Mistrait". I guess they lost the "h". No new listings for CotMW, SoM, or WoV.

Alas.

By Alan on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 09:48 am: Edit Post

Hi, Janny.

No, not a new reader. I primarily lurk here, though and have for quite some time. Yeah, it had a ship date for me of May 11th since I placed order and then it changed to late May/Mid-June in separate shipments when I got the update notice.

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 12:04 pm: Edit Post

Hi Alan - I thought I'd seen you before, but didn't want to presume, in case someone else popped in with the same name.

Interesting, hmmm, with all the ship now/ship later dithering...do keep me apprised. Let's just hope, if they are deciding to ship early, that all the loop de loop is caused by demand...if they're underestimating how many they need - GOOD!

If the pauses don't stop, or they're not waking up to the numbers - or - if there's a glitch, I want to check into it.

By Theresa on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 12:34 pm: Edit Post

Janny - one thing that might/might not be an issue; I ordered Ships and Warhost from Amazon (having purchased Curse at B&N); they shipped what they said (and the packing slip said) was both books, but I ended up with two copies of Warhost. Now, these do appear to be the UK editions and there are stickers with US pricing and all... who is affixing those stickers? Harper, a distribution center or the end-point seller (in this case, Amazon)? These two copies of Warhost I received from Amazon each has a different sticker (so, a different barcode and such). I presume one of them has the sticker intended for Ships. Maybe that is part of the distribution problem? Amazon assures me they will send the correct book but there is a "delay" now... how I wish I could kick my love/hate relationship with Amazon....

By Alan on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 06:02 pm: Edit Post

Well, they've charged me for Curse and Warhost, but say that Ships will take a while, and I haven't been charged for it as of yet. I'll keep you updated if I have any further issues.

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 06:52 pm: Edit Post

Theresa - I will check into the fact the books were not stickered, correctly.

The editions will be the same, all across...though probably when they print new ones, they'll have the pricing added on properly....

The "delay" - I will make sure they are not out of stock at the publisher's.

By Or Raifman on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 07:10 am: Edit Post

Grand Conspiracy and Peril's Gate up on amazon, they have listed release dates of 1 Nov, and 1 Jan respectively

also i got all 3 from amazon, and the all have the tickers stickers, CotMW and WoV shipped very quickly at the beginning of April, SoM shipped almost at the end of April but i did get the correct book
i think that someone else here also mentioned they got WoV insted of SoM.

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 08:21 am: Edit Post

Or Raifman - thanks for the listing report, and letting me know you got the correct titles. I've looked into the mis-stickering bit. Awaiting a report back, on that.

This is curious....IS there a listing for Fugitive Prince??? That would be Sept or Oct....should be, anyway...and what about Traitor's Knot and Stormed Fortress - or are they going to space them out?

Do I hate being a mushroom or what - I'll query to see...meantime, if Fugitive Prince is NOT listed - that needs fix, fast! Can't be out of order!!!

By Alan on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 10:35 am: Edit Post

Amazon does list Fugitive Prince, as I have it on my wishlist, with the UK cover and all. :-)

By Or Raifman on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 10:55 am: Edit Post

fugitive prince has been listed on amazon for quite a while as a Sep 1 release

nothing on Traitor's Knot and Stormed Fortress

they seem to be spacing them out to one every 2 months after fugitive prince, so nothing listed for october or december

By Trys on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 11:00 am: Edit Post

The date on FP is Sept 1 though you really, really have to dig to find it. Doing a search on Fugitive Prince finds the US edition that they indicate they have 5 of with more on the way.

By Or Raifman on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 11:57 am: Edit Post

no digging needed just search in the advanced search for Janny Wurts and sort by date you can see all of them:

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1229541714/ref=sr_st?rs=1000&page=1&rh=i%3Astripbook s%2Cp_27%3AJanny+Wurts&sort=daterank

also the link for FP:
http://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Prince-Alliance-Light-Shadow/dp/0006482996/ref=sr _1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242233749&sr=1-3

By Or Raifman on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 12:08 pm: Edit Post

here are the links to all the ones they have so far on amazon:

Curse of the Mistwraith:
http://www.amazon.com/Curse-Mistwraith-Wars-Light-Shadow/dp/0586210695/ref=sr_1_ 7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242233749&sr=1-7

Ships of Merior:
http://www.amazon.com/Ships-Merior-Wars-Light-Shadow/dp/0586210709/ref=sr_1_6?ie =UTF8&s=books&qid=1242233749&sr=1-6

Warhost of Vastmark:
http://www.amazon.com/Warhost-Vastmark-Wars-Light-Shadow/dp/0006482074/ref=sr_1_ 5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242233749&sr=1-5

Fugitive Prince:
http://www.amazon.com/Fugitive-Prince-Alliance-Light-Shadow/dp/0006482996/ref=sr _1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242233749&sr=1-3

Grand Conspiracy:
http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Conspiracy-Alliance-Light-Shadow/dp/0007102224/ref=s r_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242233749&sr=1-2

Peril's Gate:
http://www.amazon.com/Perils-Gate-Alliance-Light-Shadow/dp/0007101082/ref=sr_1_1 ?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242233749&sr=1-1

and finally

To Ride Hell's Chasm:

http://www.amazon.com/Ride-Hells-Chasm-Janny-Wurts/dp/0007101112/ref=sr_1_4?ie=U TF8&s=books&qid=1242233749&sr=1-4

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: