A few amusing thoughts after reading TK

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Spoiler Topics: A few amusing thoughts after reading TK

By Hunter on Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 06:23 am: Edit Post

SPOILERS.. herewith thou art warneth..

My $.02 is that I don't think Lysaer was that choosy regarding his "advisers" and has been very happy to surround himself with boot-lickers, "yes" man and other sycophants.. as long as their *apparent* goals aligned with Lysaer's - or they were smitten by his magnificence.. I don't think Lysaer knew or was able to discern that there would be people who could use his cause for their own ends.

Lysaer has the driven cause to address the wrongs as he sees them. Lysaer has shown a woefully inadequate understanding of the Compact and Atheran history and a curse-led conscious (?) avoidance of understanding the wider picture. His attempts at partnering with the Koriani show just how inadequate his understanding of the compact and Atheran history is - especially what it means to be thrown out of the Compact.

The conversation that Mearn overhears in FP is the best guide here.. the shadowy cabal using Lysaer as a puppet for their own ends.

For this story to reach some resolution, Lysaer must go through the same soul searching and absolution Arithon did in Kewar.. that will be very painful I think.

I think Lysaer is Janny showing in painful detail just how important a person's personal perspective is in the world. Asandir tried to give Lysaer an unadulterated view of life on Athera and the injustices to be righted when they first arrived on Athera. Lysaer's were already tainted from his life on Dascen Elur.. if Lysaer had been raised on Athera in hiding, his perspective would have been so very, very different.. he would also not have had his command of Light but that is becoming increasingly irrelevant as the series progresses..

By Epilogue on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 07:33 am: Edit Post

Hi everyone,

Just posting this in hope of a simple answer.

Could someone kindly explain what the powers behind the crown of Rathain are?

It must be something very powerful in order for the F7 to guard it from Arithon on his (partial)corination..

??

By neilw on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 05:28 am: Edit Post

I note that when Sulfin is meeting Asandir there is reference to a throne/seat that existed before the 3rd age...since the unicorns and centaurs wouldn't "sit" does this imply that the paravian high kings were athliens?!?

I could be reading this wrong...of course...but curious....

Sethvir has a scar as long as "your arm"...why would Sethvir have closed with necromancers physically...seems risky...if the Necromancers play no further part it's a curious fact or perhaps it just reinforces sethvir's "dislike"...

By Andy on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 07:42 am: Edit Post

Possible SPOILERS

I think Sethvir may have closed with a necromancer cult in the past and eradicated it in the manner by which he expected Arithon to use.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: