The People of Tysan

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Spoiler Topics: The People of Tysan

By Neil on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 10:29 am: Edit Post

Technetus,

I haven't forgotten FA's birth prophesy ;-) Elaira's burden is to *choose* during the hour of trial...FA's to *give*...if not 5 kingdoms then athera plunge into darkness never to see sunlight/redemption...FA's death has impact on Arithon/Lysaer continued survival, I would guess.

Elaine,

I feel all of the F7 want to be free. Asandir's "we who are bound..." quote in GC, Davien conversation with Sethvir in TK. But if they were not bound, would they protect feel obliged the paravians anyway (Arithon/Davien in TK)?

I asked about the F7 obligation to destroy humanity if ever the compact became "broken". Why would this include the clans who *respect* the contact? I now guess that if such a future came to pass where the F7 forfeit their redemption the clans would already be effectivelly wiped out. And if a few survived this would hardly be "a win" according to the F7...

I cannot see how to equate paravian survival with annihilation of humanity...paravians could survive if you just killed the townborn...maybe the charge of the dragons is fairly unambiguous, I would guess humans are grouped "together" and no distinction would be made. Humanity would judged as a whole. Maybe humanity on athera is considered as one entity if you look behind the veil? But the clan have s' names which implies individuel awareness? I'm lost again...2 more arcs to go anyway.

I feel we can count the first two possibilites in Fa's birth prophesy as "seen" ;-)

By James A. Messick on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:47 pm: Edit Post

Well it could be that Fion Areth could also die from the Gift of Light that Lysaer carries. Could the Koriani also have twisted his life aura so that is interaction with Arithon could make it more and more like Arithon's aura and so confuse the Geas from the Mistwraith? That could be a death by fire.

By James A. Messick on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 10:19 am: Edit Post

Possible Spoilers

oh um edit that please forgot that just the mention of Arithon's name provokes the curse so just the same look as him should definitely throw him for a loop.

I do think that Fionn Areth, since he's finally managed to shed his ignorance, may come to guard Arithon's sense of being as well as others. Have you ever noticed that Arithon seems to earn undying loyalty after a bit? Lysaer just seems to get surface loyalty where if they were educated they might turn a different way. I wonder if Sulfin Evend will help undermine the Alliance of the Light as a minor figure of power to the land?
Oh I was wondering of the S'Gannely gift of sight was a way of tempering the sometimes harsh justice so that it wasn't always so bad? Seems to me that more than once Sulfin was able to temper something that was to happen. I'm also wondering about that seer's knife. Since Sulfin is going to Sanspashir, without checking on the ideology there, I have to wonder how he's going to survive especially since he's supposed to be recruiting/returning the knife to it's original owner... You know could the tribes of the desert possibly be almost like the ath adepts? especially given the route of their religion? Might be that they are waiting for ari's daughter for something after all they worship a female deity with shadow. 'Course i'm assuming that since it's possible that Kevor inherited the gift of elemental mastery of light (think it was referred to twinges on the chords of creation in Peril's Gate) than ari's daughter could recieve the gift of shadow ... though they might be passive since i haven't recieved any proof from my readings just some speculation.

By Trys on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 10:50 am: Edit Post

Who is ari?

By Andy on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 02:20 pm: Edit Post

Come on? How about Arithon?

By Trys on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 03:57 pm: Edit Post

Ok, then, Arithon it is. Not ari. :-) (I knew who you meant, but ari is not his name.)

Trys

By Blue on Wednesday, September 07, 2005 - 01:58 pm: Edit Post

I wonder how Arithon would handle a nickname or a shortening of his name? For example, if he were dealing with a small child who could not pronounce "Arithon" properly.

My Uncle Marvin is known as "Bud" to one and all, because when he was born, my [then] two year old Aunt Ruth could not say "brother" properly, and called him her "budder," or her "bud." It stuck.

By Trys on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 04:18 am: Edit Post

I suspect that Arithon would react well to a child not being able to pronounce his name but wouldn't be amused if a bard deliberately mispronounced his name or worse applied some outrageous nickname (this is a reference to the Twinkle debacle of a few years back and I'm trying to head off another such event) to him. :-)

Trys

By Andy on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 07:39 am: Edit Post

I think his Grace of Rathain can take care of himself and woe to the poor unfortunate soul who ignites the notorious s'Ffallen temper.

By Trys on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 11:43 am: Edit Post

Yes, his Grace of Rathain, through the auspices of his Creator, can take care of himself. I'm just trying to avoid any need for that 'taking care' of to exhibit itself here... in the cyber-extension of my living room. It would not be a pretty site and I don't want to have to clean up the detritus. <bg>

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: