Arithon on the slab...

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Spoiler Topics: Arithon on the slab...

By Juliana on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 05:43 pm: Edit Post

CJ and Hunter- thanks for responding.
I didn't really think it was the same - its just Arithon has been bound and captive so many times I was hoping he would have a respite!!

Juliana

By neil on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 03:05 am: Edit Post

SPOILERS...SPOILERS...SPOILERS...SPOILERS...

hmm on the slab in TK he had the "form" of an old man...not sure at what point he would have lost this if at all (until his mentor came along...)

By Hunter on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 05:27 am: Edit Post

SPOILERS....SPOILERS....SPOILERS....SPOILERS....SPOILERS....

Hmmm, the more I think on it.. his phrase was a "phrase whetted to a glib stab of saire", in contempt for his helplessness.. What better way to greet a Sorceror come to share his success than a witty line from a play?

The only wee problem is that the mention in Warhost of Arithon is him being bound captive in iron. In TK, he's bound by cords on the slab.. I daresay the cold iron probably does really bad things to the necromancer's spells - it wasn't a clay bowl on his stomach just by chance..

Which means he gets the "joys" of being captured yet again.. given the original vision came to Morriel.. one wonders where she plays in all this..

By neil on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 06:16 am: Edit Post

Was there no mention of the captors in that scene (In the FP Moriel scrying?)

Arithon now believes that the Koriani want him alive.

To stop the "game" carrying on for ever, he may just decide to do something about it...or Elaira may act but Arithon has only reacted to their interfence...and with minimal force...and Davien seems to think the koriani are a minor problem...can they catch him (Would Elaira be a sufficient hostage)?

Davien has also responded more menacingly to them.

By Hunter on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 05:24 pm: Edit Post

Neil, you raise a good point.. there is no specific mention of captors.. just a bleak tower dungeon and Arithon strapped in iron to a cold slab.. natural assumption is that he's been captured and held against his will. Whether he's voluntarily there or not another aspect we can speculate on.

The Koriani failed attempt to catch Davien which resulted in Selidie's hands being horribly burnt showed that Davien is way, way smarter than Selidie. Interesting that Davien has a similar view of the Koriathain to his colleagues..

By Blue on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 06:29 pm: Edit Post

Maybe the "whetted stab of glib satire" is Arithon's way of saying that he is NOT kinky?

By neil on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 04:07 am: Edit Post

SPOLIERS SPOLIERS SPOLIERS SPOLIERS SPOLIERS

Hmm I finally found this...it was in Warhost of Vastmark...I would guess that it has impact on the Koriani since Moriel saw it but she might have avoided this future with her choices in GC.

The previous thing she saw with Lirenda and Arithon did come to pass.

I am now gues Fionn could choose to be a decoy...I am guessng he can never really join the light - his face is against him - he has to come around sooner or later on would hope.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: