Archive through May 24, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Update: Archive through May 24, 2005
   By Emrys on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 11:30 pm: Edit Post

After all this waiting, it looks likes my preordered copy will arrive while I'm down in PA! I'll have to nudge my brother to get his copy immediately (if he didn't already plan to) so I can snarf it. Or if I'm lucky, mine will arrive early on the day I leave home.

Glad to hear it's finally on it's way, Janny!

By Trys on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 04:05 am: Edit Post

Emrys,

Where in PA?

Trys

By Emrys on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 07:31 pm: Edit Post

Trys- Eastern edge, along Rte 612. My brother lives in Bucks County. ("What's your new address?" "I haven't decided which of the 4 possible post offices to use.") My father is in the Poconos (he had 3 post offices to choose among). My great-aunt, who turns 97 next week, is about half-way between them.

By Trys on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 07:20 am: Edit Post

Emrys,

Ahhh well, that's about 5 hours from me. :-)

Trys

By Susan Fischer on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 09:05 am: Edit Post

Where are you Trys? I live near the mistake on the lake in Ohio now, but I grew up in East Brady, on the Allegheny river north of Pgh. Most of my family is still around there except for my little sister in St. College.

For some reason I always thought you were British.

Susan

By Trys on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 07:56 am: Edit Post

Susan,

I live about 40 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. If you look at a map and find the intersection of I-70 and the PA turnpike, I live 2 miles south of there.

"Mistake on the lake": I've not heard this term before. A quick search of the 'Net turns up that it might by Cleveland?

quote:

For some reason I always thought you were British.

Well now you've either insulted the British or complimented me, depending on one's point of view. <wide_grin> I'm not British but have a great love British comedies which I first got to watch on WQEX (sister station to WQED) the now defunct 2nd PBS station in Pittsburgh but now see some on BBC America.

Trys

By Emrys on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 05:50 pm: Edit Post

Trys, then you're closer to them than I am! Although it's almost even.

By Trys on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:05 am: Edit Post

Emrys,

That may be true, but you won't be close enough for a cup-of-coffee get together. :-)

Trys

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 08:21 am: Edit Post

Books ordered direct will start shipping shortly. Stephe told me yesterday orders will start being filled early next week.

By PurplePenny on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 04:54 pm: Edit Post

Trys - feel free to be an honoraray Briton :-)