Archive through May 26, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Update: Archive through May 26, 2005
   By Auna on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 06:43 pm: Edit Post

Excellent timing since I'm back from E3 :-)

By Calais Nox on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 08:13 pm: Edit Post

Been a lurker for a loooong time now. Just had to say...YAY! I ordered my copy from Meisha Merlin today! I wait with bated breath.

By Cheryl Detmer on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 06:32 am: Edit Post

My husband's family all live in Ohio. Cincinnatti area. I hope to come up there one day and see the snow and eat a White Castle. I want a real White Castle really bad. I love Spaghetti and Chili. My husband said that is a Northern dish and I'd never heard of it till he told me about it. I ordered a copy of Traitor's Knot at Barnes and Nobles. I just hope they get it soon. Next week I'm hoping.

By Trys on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 09:12 am: Edit Post

Cheryl,

I've never heard of Spaghetti and Chili, though I am familiar with ChiliMac which is chili con carne with cooked macaroni added.

Trys

By Susan on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 11:06 am: Edit Post

Trys, your surfing was correct and I'm amused that you actually found it there. "Mistake on the Lake" is a term mostly used by Pittsburghers to refer to Cleveland. I had some friends in college from Mt. Pleasant, that's a pretty area. I agree on the British comedy. I find myself watching BBC more than the American networks. I'd rather watch old Couplings than The Bachelor. (Although I did watch the first episode this time to see the guy from Sliders).

Cheryl, your husband is slightly mistaken. Spaghetti and Chili isn't a northern thing, it's a Cinncinnatti thing, it only makes it about as far north as Columbus. They did briefly open a Skyline Chili in Cleveland that served it and I think it only lasted a few years. I liked it though, especially piled with cheese and onions (I think it was called a 5-way).

By Wayne McCalla on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 05:02 pm: Edit Post

Actually I remember it growing up in Wisconsin also. But that was mostly doing it at home:-) but do remember it somewhere at a restaurant there

Local fast food restaurant here in town has it going up from one-way to seven-way.

And of course I may add it at home just to stretch out the food budget :-)

Wayne

By Cheryl Detmer on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 05:15 pm: Edit Post

I'm sorry Susan. I think he did say it was in Cincinnatti but his mother says it's a Northern Dish. She grew up in the Ohio, Indiana area. It's definitely not a Southern dish but I make it for him. We do Mac and Chili too. I love that. Yum!! Thanks Wayne, I thought I heard further out North too but it's more famous in the Cincinnatti area I bet.

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 08:17 am: Edit Post

Welcome to delurk status, Calais Nex. We don't bite, really....

By Cheryl Detmer on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 09:10 am: Edit Post

I'm glad you delurked Calais Nex. Welcome to the board. It's a fun place to be. I lurked for awhile before I got up the nerve to post. lol It was my first post online, on this board, with an author. I was so proud. hehehe

By Ryan Gohl on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 09:46 am: Edit Post

There are probably a few other lurkers as well, myself included ;)