Archive through June 07, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Update: Archive through June 07, 2005
   By StarGazer72 on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 04:07 pm: Edit Post

Haha, that's funny Calais, I had hardwood floors also, but with a rug - white with a design and blue trim, in the middle of the floor (weird the way the mind works, eh?). Flat oak desk covered in papers, facing the door, also in front of a big window, with a wall of books to the left - made it odd that he had to get up to go to the library, but it was left out the door, then the third door on the left.
With details, sometimes I'm flooded with the tiniest little things, like a white rug with blue trim, but others I get more of the impression. I've found that I don't look at people's faces - either in my writing or in my dreams - unless I consciously make myself, so I have a harder time trying to see what the details of faces are when I am reading. Like the little man writing the paper, yes, he was skinny and shortish, and I think he may have had a beard in my head, but that's about all I saw.

Can't wait til I actually have time to buy and settle down with TK - just one more week! I graduate on Saturday and then have the whole rest of the summer and next year to find a job and read and apply to grad schools and read and oh, read some more :-) Yay!
SG

By Kitsune on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 08:13 am: Edit Post

Re: the "Visualization" thread.

My thoughts and visualizations? (Written before reading all the previous replies.)

The wizard seated at the desk is young: you can tell since only the barest few lines of worry cross his handsome face. He has just begun to grow his first beard, and the blond strands look scraggly in the dying light of the setting sun, glimpsed through the glass window which provides light for him as he scribes. He writes feverishly, dipping his pen into the pot of ink frequently (and vigorously enough to spatter the immediate area, including himself, with ink!!) before transferring his thoughts to the parchment.

He sits at a desk covered in papers, parchment and books. The desk is so cluttered that you can barely make out the contours of the desk, though it appears to be made of some sort of petrified wood. Likewise, the chair he also sits in petrified wood, and apparetnly not very comfortable: there are no cushions evident, and our magus fidgest uncomfortably as he writes.

The room itself is strewn with objects both mundane and mystical: dead animals, stuffed and posed, adorn the walls, along with several paintings of varying quality. Suits of armour stand vacant, investing the room with a somber air. The floor is covered with rugs of different colours and patterns, ranging from elegant and understated to garish and eye-catching.

As the last of the light fades, the wizard pushes back his chair and stands with a groan. Looking around, he nods in satisfaction, and exits the room through the open door, heading down a corridor, taking first one left and then another, before continuining his trip up a flight of stairs.

By AnimePhoenix on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 06:10 pm: Edit Post

anyone have an idea as to when it is actually going to be physically present in bookstores

By Trys on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 06:27 pm: Edit Post

When it arrives at that bookstore (no one can predict shipping times) and the bookstore actually unpacks the books and shelves them (no one can predict this either).

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 08:29 am: Edit Post

And if said unpacking employee wasn't a fan, and didn't snag the copy or so for himself and a friend....this happens a LOT....safest if you have a preorder logged in at your local vendor.

By Kimberly Israel on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 12:43 pm: Edit Post

Hopefully this unpacking employee would at least pay for the books?

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 01:41 pm: Edit Post

Ah, well, they'd get the employee's discount on the title.... Only result: the book would never reach the shelf for you to know it WAS there, or available.

Got snarfed in the back room happens quite a lot at the chains, so I understand.

By jpltzld on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 03:44 pm: Edit Post

IT CAME! IT CAME!
I just received my copy of Traitor's Knot in the mail today. (I pre-ordered in February.) *jumps up and down*

By Trys on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 03:55 pm: Edit Post

jpltzld,

Yay!! Mine came too, we can do the happy dance together. :-)

Trys

By Mike Williams on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 04:09 pm: Edit Post

I'm just outside of Chicago and received my pre-order today via Fed-Ex as well.

So the books are definitely starting to pop up!

:-)