Archive through June 09, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Update: Archive through June 09, 2005
   By jane isham on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 05:07 pm: Edit Post

Checking in from Avon, Ohio--

I have it! I have it! This is the backorder book I ordered last August. I couldn't find my paperwork and I don't believe I was ever charged, so I reordered last Wednesday. Well 2 copies are better than none. I may donate to the local library or...keep a pristine copy on the shelf as I know one will be read many times over. Happy happy day. The book is beautiful!!!

:-)

By Walt on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 05:12 pm: Edit Post

Auurgh!!! I still have 3 hours here in Sacramento 'till time to go home! And I'm supposed to concentrate how? When TK may be sitting on my front stoop... all alone? With noone but Dinah the Dove (who is brooding over her eggs in the wisteria twining up the front porch) to keep it company?

Oh, the agony!!!

By Susan on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 07:35 pm: Edit Post

Bummer. Mine didn't come yet. That's probably a good thing though. I have a big project to wrap up by friday.

Just curious, where did everyone who has received theirs order from? And is it gorgeous?????

By jane isham on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 07:58 pm: Edit Post

Susan-

I ordered both copies through Meisha Merlin :-)

Several chapters have a map blow up and my computer screen doesn't do justice to Janny's incredible painting on the cover. All good things are worth waiting for :D

jane

By Susan on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 08:14 pm: Edit Post

I spoke too soon. It definitely was not here when I got home before, but it was laying on the step when I took the trash out. It must have been that stealth fedex guy again. I gave it to my husband to hide until friday night.

I love the front cover. Davien is not how I was picturing him, but somehow he just looks right.

By Kyle Gildea on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 10:33 pm: Edit Post

Wahooooo! Just got mine. Looks like I wont be sleeping tonight!

By Jay_Jay on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 02:25 am: Edit Post

Having seen the original painting at WFC, I echo Jane's sentiments....in triplicate!

The painting knocked my eyes out. I gasped when I saw it, it was THAT beautiful!

By Sandtiger on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 10:47 am: Edit Post

I'll second Jay Jay! Wow. Janny's paintings are incredible - but to see them in person? So much more rich and textured.

Sandtiger ::Very glad to have been to WFC::

By Bruce on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 07:14 pm: Edit Post

The original painting is defintely amazing, it was worth the trip to Tempe just for that. I just received the book in Salt lake City today, pretty book. Free book offer to the 1st US reader who responds to this message. I ordered the UK tradepaperback a while back when I didn't want to wait to read the book, and I'm not one who needs multiple copies of a book, so if any one wants it, I'll send it media mail for free.

By Kitsune on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 08:46 am: Edit Post

Just checking in..
In the Boston, MA (USA) area, and I got my copy yesterday (direct from MM)!

Yaay!!
It's hard not to rush through and devour the whole thing, but I'm pacing myself so that I can absorb every little detail..

That, and there'll be less time to wait for "Stormed Fortress"!! :-)

Finally, a big "Thank You" to Janny, for creating such an entralling work, and to MM for their hard work and dedication, and for graciously putting up with our whining over the delay!! :-)