Archive through June 10, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Status report: Archive through June 10, 2005
   By Trys on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 10:39 am: Edit Post

neil,

I've come to be able to interpret the messages on Amazon.com.

Usually ships in 24 hours = it's in the warehouse

Usually ships in 1-2 hours = it's available but not in our warehouse

Usually ships in 3-5 weeks (or any other combination of weeks) = book is out of print but maybe we can find one for your.

But, no... No whinging corner on this board. I wouldn't want it perceived that I'm encouraging that. ;) My suggestion for taking out one's frustration is a punching pillow. :-)

Trys

By Sandtiger on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 10:45 am: Edit Post

::points::

Looks like Susan's got a copy. :-)That means it is shipping.

Sue - where did your copy come from???

I will get mine at Bakka, which had ordered it as of the last time I checked. I imagine it'll take a bit longer to ship up here, but I do want to support my local store.

Sandtiger ::looking forward to receiving it::

By Sandtiger on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 10:48 am: Edit Post

-laugh-

Okay, so I hadn't read down to the next thread yet, where people were already posting arrivals.

Sandtiger

By David Lekx on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 03:40 pm: Edit Post

Hi everyone!
Long time lurker here, awaiting my copy of Traitor's Knot with Great Excitement. I recieved a surprising email today from Amazon.ca, given that some of you have recieved your copies. They apologizied for the long wait and cancelled my order and refunded my money! Any other Canadians having similar stories?

By Annettevk on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 04:05 pm: Edit Post

Hey David. Welcome. What part of Canada are you in? (Fellow Canadian living in the U.S. at the moment).

By David Lekx on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 05:45 pm: Edit Post

Hi Annette, I'm in Toronto. Where are you?
- David

By Sandtiger on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 07:19 pm: Edit Post

I'm in Toronto as well. :-)

And so is Jay Jay (Well, she's close enough.)

Sandtiger

By Auna on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 10:11 pm: Edit Post

Woot!! got my copy today direct from Meisha Merlin! Nice illustrations. Now I'll just have to reread the entire series (aw shucks!) hehe.

By Wayne McCalla on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 12:50 am: Edit Post

All,

This is the posting on Meisha Merlin's Site:

Subject: Some comments on Traitorís KnotÖ
Date: Thu 09 Jun 2005 11:11:52p

Diamond, our exclusive distributor, has shipped out all current orders for Traitorís Knot. Most of the major accountsóB&N, Borders, Amazon.com, B&T, Ingram, Koen to name a fewóhave gotten their copies already. Those accounts that Diamond ships direct to individual stores have them in store and those accounts that Diamond ships to a central warehouse have received their copies and are shipping books out their specific stores. (I noted on Diamonds site tonight that there are already a few small reorders for Traitorís Knot.)
Here at Meisha Merlin we have shipped out all preordered copies. (Some of you did not get the signed bookplate with your book. We will be shipping them out next week.)

There were several things to do concerning Traitorís Knot that had to be done. Both here and at Diamond we considered it more important to actually ship out the books and then go and work with the different stores to correct their listing for Traitorís Knot. All stores will have been contacted about correcting their information on Traitorís Knot by early next week. In several cases when there are copies of Traitorís Knot in the stores and on the shelves, the stores computers will automatically update Traitorís Knotís records.

Whenever any author makes a move to another publishing house there are always a few problems that crop up. Having noted those problems and made moves to correct them I fully expect there will not be any problems with shipping out Jannyís future titles.

Stephen Meisha Merlin Publishing, Inc.

By Wayne McCalla on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 12:55 am: Edit Post

OoPs forgot to add my comment to that post.

Most likely for the Barnes and Noble and possibly Borders it went to their distribution center(central warehouse) and not the individual stores.

Since working at BDalton 90% of books came though our distribution center. So it depends on how quickly the DC gets it out.

Wayne