Archive through June 23, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Update: Archive through June 23, 2005
   By Sandtiger on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 09:55 pm: Edit Post

Stunning!!!!!

Wow. I was nicely surprised to find copies in Bakka when I was there for Tanya Huff's signing today.

It's gorgeous. I love the inset colour art, the maps and drawings are fantastic, and while I haven't read the extra bits at the end yet - I am amazed.

This is one magnificent book. It's well weighted, with gorgeous paper and binding - just one perfect book.

If this is the quality I waited extra time for - it was more than worth it. I really can't wait to get more books...they should all be like this.

And you know, I think Bakka sold out while I was there. Darn. They'll have to order more. ::Grin::

Sandtiger ::Who is going to reread, just for the shear pleasure of it::

By Jay_Jay on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 08:31 am: Edit Post

I HAVE IT!! IT'S HERE!!! NO prior announcement from Amazon Canada, it just sneakily deposited itself on my doorstep while I was away, taking my car in to be serviced this morning!

It's probably MY fault about the e-mail: I recently cancelled my Earthlink mailbox, and forgot to inform Amazon right away, so the notification MAY have gone to the old address.

That reminds me: need to update my address for THIS site, too....

(Pats book...NIIIIICE book, GORGEOUS book....I'll get to you later, after I've had a good slog at the garden!) Okay, I can only exercise such restraint, because I read Jana's copy (the British edition) so this will be a re-read. And it is an absolutely FABULOUS day out there for gardening...blue, blue sky, coolish temperatures, plus a TON of work that needs doing!

See you later, in the spoiler topic! :-D

By Jay_Jay on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 01:17 pm: Edit Post

Footnote: when I got back from picking my car up this afternoon, there was an e-mail from Amazon in my inbox, telling me that my order had shipped.

It was dated...yesterday! [scratches head in puzzlement...] OOOooookayyyy! Well, at least it got here!

By Trys on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 05:06 pm: Edit Post

Has anyone seen TK appear on a bookstore shelf in a US store?

By fhcbandmom on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 08:27 pm: Edit Post

My last try (Sunday) to get the book at Barnes and Noble was a losing effort. The computer at my local store (St. Louis area) says its on back order?! They wouldn't believe me when I told them they were wrong. I'll let you know if I have any better luck at Borders.

By anon on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 09:53 pm: Edit Post

Yeah, it's at Borders in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

By Jon H on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 12:32 am: Edit Post

I just picked up a copy at the B&N here in Ft. Collins, CO. WOOHOO!!!!!

By Hunter on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 10:48 am: Edit Post

Is Rio's still open in Fort Collins selling those killer marguritas? Three per person?

By Jon H on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 01:11 am: Edit Post

Yes, Rio's is still open and mixing up awesome margaritas

By ecsmac on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 06:29 pm: Edit Post

Book plate came in the mail today. Always nice to see a company follow through after a mix up. I will do business again with Meisha Merlin.

Allen