Archive through August 12, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Chapters Bookstore: Archive through August 12, 2005
   By Trys on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 01:46 pm: Edit Post

Has anyone here found the book in a Chapter bookstore in Canada? If so, which one?

By Hunter on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 08:57 am: Edit Post

I'm in Toronto right now.. was looking, the sci/fi book store here is Bakka Phoenix but they've sold out..

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 10:39 am: Edit Post

Why didn't they reorder? Just curious...the trade edition of Hell's Chasm is starting to ship out to bookstores, by the way. It should be appearing momentarily, too.

By Hunter on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 11:12 am: Edit Post

I think they're trying to re-order..

By Trys on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 11:57 am: Edit Post

Nice people at Bakka Phoenix. I got a signed copy of Julie Czerneda's Migration through them.

By Sandtiger on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 09:38 am: Edit Post

Yup, and that's where I got my copy of Traitor's Knot. They had a bunch when I was there. It's good to know they sold out, and my guess would be that they are re-ordering. They are very good about things like that.

They have all sorts of wonderful events, too.

Sandtiger

By Lekx on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 03:43 pm: Edit Post

I have not seen it at any Chapters or Indigo store in Toronto. I ended up ordering it from Indigo here in Toronto after repeatedly going in both there and at 2 Chapters locations, and hitting the "Yes" button on their computer in response to it's query that says "Help us keep our store richly stocked. If this item was in stock, would you have bought it here today?"

- Dave

By Trys on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 04:09 am: Edit Post

Thanks for the info Dave. I've been in correspondence with someone who tells me that Chapters says they can't get the book but the Chapters website says it ships in 24 hours. So either we're dealing with lazy clerks or the store has serious internal distribution problems.

By Hunter on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 08:14 am: Edit Post

I'm going up to Chapters Indigo in Toronto this afternoon. Guess I'd better call.. :-)

By Sandtiger on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 08:58 am: Edit Post

I've never seen it at Chapters/Indigo. (Basically two versions of the same store.)I've asked a time or two (Before I bought it at Bakka), but they couldn't even tell me if they were *going* to get it in.

I just checked availability in Toronto, and no stores seem to have it. (As an FYI, you can check availability in any city in Canada via their website). Even World's Biggest doesn't have it - which is a bit surprising.

It's interesting that their website says it's eligible for same day shipping in Toronto, but they don't have it in stores.

Sandtiger