Archive through September 11, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Chapters Bookstore: Archive through September 11, 2005
   By Hunter on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 09:25 am: Edit Post

Hmm.. interesting.. I'm driving to Detroit on Sunday so that may be more likely.. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 10:49 am: Edit Post

I have information yesterday that says that a shipment for the trade paperback of TO RIDE HELL'S CHASM was ordered for Indigo in Canada. Distribution to Canada via Diamond is getting worked out NOW - all of your interest and inquires to GET these titles into these shops counts more than you may ever know.

If the initial order going to Indigo does well, of course, they will do more in the future....YES!

If you see Hell's Chasm in this shop, then, it follows they ought to be able to get TK, too...

By Lekx on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 11:24 am: Edit Post

I recieved the copy I ordered from Indigo at the downtown Eaton's Centre within 48 hrs, so they are able to get it somehow, but I was told they were not stocking it at the time. I go in periodically and ask, and vote on their system to put the pressure on, but to date I haven't seen it. My last check was last Friday.
- Dave

By Hunter on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 12:55 pm: Edit Post

Just checked the Indigo stores in Toronto.. no one has it - it was shown as only having been there in Nov 2004 which was the original date.

Have had to get Borders Express @ the Ren Cen in Detroit to order it in, they had difficulty as well. Hopefully it will arrive before I fly out..

By Sandtiger on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 03:01 pm: Edit Post

I've recommended Traitor's Knot to several people at the Indigo on Bloor and the Chapters in Windsor.

You'd think they'd listen to recommendations, but I have yet to actually see them do so.

I'll mention TRHC as well. I'd order it, but I already have the hardcover version.

Sandtiger

By Annettevk on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 06:12 pm: Edit Post

Hello all. I went to British Columbia (Kelowna specifically) last week, when I was home for my vacation and I looked in Chapters for TK and it was not on the shelf. But it is funny about World's Biggest in Toronto since that is where I picked up PG when that book first came out. I am surprised they are not stocking TK yet. I am not surprised at Bakka though, they usually get scifi/fantasy books about a week or so ahead of any of the other bookstores in the Toronto area.

By Beth Caudill on Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 10:55 pm: Edit Post

So once again I went to B&N looking for TK and still no copy. So once again I went and asked about when they were getting a delivery. They aren't getting any. Apparently the 'home office' has decided not to carry TK. I was really bumbed because I'm not sure when I'm going to get to read it. The library doesn't have it yet either. I have put in a request for it, but those take forever to go through.

But on the plus side, they had tons of the TRHC books in Trade paperback. So I did get a small Janny fix.

By Janny Wurts on Friday, September 09, 2005 - 10:10 am: Edit Post

Beth - please say which B&N this is - what store, in what location. They CAN order this book for you, and if they say they can't, this CAN be remedied.

Meisha Merlin will contact the National Buyer for this chain, and the turnabout will be instant.

I will forward which store to them, if in fact they refuse to order this book into the store for you. You would be doing me, and the publisher, and other fans a favor as glitches in distribution will be ironed out faster where they are brought to notice.

Thanks for your caring.

By Beth Caudill on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 08:31 am: Edit Post

Janny

I should mention one thing, I'm not interested in actually buying the hardback. Which is why I haven't placed an order. They just aren't getting any in the store. I only buy paperbacks not the hardcovers. But usually they have copies in the store which you can sit and read instore. That is why I was surprised that they weren't getting any copies at all, but they would order me a copy if I was going to buy it.

The store is Barnes and Noble in Cary, NC. They would have ordered it for me to buy but won't order it if I'm not buying. I was mainly surprised that they weren't getting any copies for the shelves. Particularly with the number of copies of To Ride Hell's Chasm they had.

Beth

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 11:51 am: Edit Post

General Note to readers and fans:

There is NO PLANNED massmarket paperback in the USA for To Ride Hell's Chasm or Traitor's Knot. Only hardbound and trade paperback editions will be created by Meisha Merlin.

If this B&N store would order a copy for any reader wanting to buy, then the system is functioning properly.