Koriani Tools

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Spoiler Topics: Koriani Tools

By Róisín on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 05:18 am: Edit Post

Susan: Yeah, I'm dithering over it actually - would he, wouldn't he? After all, that's WHY the F7 cast him out - because he wouldn't let go. Neither did he 'let go' at Ath's hostel, both in the first Arc, and

SPOILER!!!!

at the second hostel where Kevor and Ellaine eventually found refuge, and asked him to join them.

But as reader, I wonder, is my loss of hoping they will be redeemed, about them as story characters, or a reflection of something in my own character? *grin* Janny's books make you go dizzy when you think like that!!!!

By Susan C on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 06:48 pm: Edit Post

That's why I love Janny's books-They make you think... When I finish reading, I spend a great deal of time thinking about what may happen or may not happen.

By Róisín on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 05:18 am: Edit Post

Lirenda is also mad at Arithon, because she feels he is responsible for thwarting her ambitions to be Prime Matriarch.

Morriel 'forsaw' that Arithon would cause an irregular breach in the succession of the Prime Matriarchy, which gave Lirenda a legitimate reason to pursue him. That was so devious!

Yet also, so human. That sort of experience can create such shame - but also Lirenda CAN learn from it - if she looks at Morriel/Seldie's role objectively, as a kind of teacher (albeit a rather unpleasant one.) Lirenda chooses not to - yet... yet... yet...?

:-)

By Auna on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 12:23 pm: Edit Post

Both Lysaer and Lirenda are strong in their personality flaws. It will be really hard for either of them to break out of that cycle. I've known blamer/victims before, and they typically need to deal with the childhood issue they are stuck on before they can move forward. So much easier to just stay in your rut :p Can't wait to see what eventually happens to these two.

By ssserpent on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 11:52 am: Edit Post

I think that once Lysaer is freed from the curse ( as I believe he will be), he's going to see all his past actions through a different eye, plunging himself in the same state of guilty regret as Arithon before Kewar Tunnel.

By Cheryl Detmer on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 09:41 am: Edit Post

I love the way Arithon is defending Lysaer in this book to Traithe. I think he knows the curse is doing this and that nobody is perfect. It's his gift of compassion that makes him this way. I thought for awhile there Lirenda would help out Arithon. I'm still not going to cheer for Lysaer or Lirenda but I understand how they are the way they are. I still think Lysaer can be saved. I hope so. Traitor's Knot is one of the best in the series but they all are wonderful for different reasons.

By Auna on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 01:14 pm: Edit Post

Lysaer still has that annoying tendency to justify his actions even without the curse. I don't think it's going to be so easy for him to change, but I do feel sorry for him if he ever does.

By Cheryl Detmer on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 04:43 pm: Edit Post

I don't think we knew him long enough to know things about him before the curse. I guess we do know how he's been described. I have some sympathy for him in that his father was very strict from what Arithon says. I'm glad Arithon is aware of all of that. At least one of them knows what's going on. grin

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: