Archive through June 29, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Update: Archive through June 29, 2005
   By Auna on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 07:41 pm: Edit Post

Actually, the US version used widdershins too. I looked it up, it means go in a left handed or counterclockwise direction. From the description of the passages using this, it seemed like it was a few degrees of rotation and not a 90 or 180 degree turn.

I have a few links to Janny words handy in the browser ;)

By Auna on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 08:01 pm: Edit Post

Oh yah, and the opposite of widdershins is deasil, which was used in another book I read.

By Blue on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 09:15 pm: Edit Post

I got the US version today, autographed no less, thanks to a very kindly relative who was, apparently, tired of my whining. This is the same kindly soul who also got the UK version of this book for me!!

OH, MY, GOD!!! This was worth the wait... so much for the whiners who didn't want to wait "for just some pretty pictures."

Proof positive that patience is its own reward.

Wow. If this is what MM can produce during its "infancy" and "growing pains" I can't wait to see what they can do once they are up and running at full speed!!

So, I will end this love-fest with heartfelt thanks, not only for Janny for writing and illustrating this book, but to Stephe and the other hard working folks at Meisha Merlin for printing such a treat of a volume!!