Just a wild thought and SPOILER for TK:

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy; Peril's Gate & Traitor's Knot: Traitors Knot Discussions: Spoiler Topics: Just a wild thought and SPOILER for TK:

By max on Friday, December 02, 2005 - 05:43 am: Edit Post

Actually, my understanding was that the long life is only granted to some of the koriani and that their [DNA??] body has to be tampered with somehow. Andf they really are pushing any law regarding the taking of oaths of children as age of accountability simply does not seem to exist on Athera. The celibacy thing is probably all a matter of finances. They don't want to pay to support families maybe? I know that is what the Catholic church reasoned. [smiling at ya]

By Róisín on Friday, December 02, 2005 - 12:26 pm: Edit Post

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER Well, it does seem that the Koriani do breed children from selected lines of clan talents. They keep records of clan lines and their talents. Certainly Seldie has no problems trying to get Elaira pregnant and possibly having parents outlive children - all part of the slavery 'deal'.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, December 05, 2005 - 08:41 pm: Edit Post

neil - You Asked - (we were away, that's why you had to wait.)

I'd say, yes, Davien had a darned good idea of what Arithon would try to attempt...but would also have been aware that the other route (via Fellowship intervention) was open to him.

He was insistent from the first that Arithon go in educated....and was refused, if you recall, until Traithe forced the issue.

By neil on Tuesday, December 06, 2005 - 04:00 am: Edit Post

Thank you Janny.

By Maddie on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 05:04 pm: Edit Post

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

Qeustions

Right I am confused - I've read TK twice now and I'm still confused. Arithon plans to take down the necromancers (sorry iF spelt wrong)however does he not know that Raite Raven is one of them?

Why is he so confused when he comes round was that not his plan to get captured? I thought he had his farsight back should he have not forseen this.

Also can Arithon and Elaria never have there delightful way with one another because of Seldie as I understood it to be whoever he did have his way with would have a child.

Also about Arithons lack of experience in that department do we take it Elaria is his first of was it that lady in Vastmark. As it seems very clear that he doesn't get his leg over that much. Janny come on the poor man has his needs. Think Dakar makes up for it.

BY THE WAY LOVE THE BOOKS CAN'T WAIT FOR SF HAVE TO SHOUT ABOUT IT

By Andy on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 05:02 pm: Edit Post

Arithon's plan to defeat the necromancers. Except for the unforseeable touch-and-go moment when he was on the block at the end, I think everything went exactly as he anticipated, including his capture by Raven and the other necromancers. It was necessary for him to be captured and almost soulless.

Arithon/Elaira. The way I recall it, the sigil/trap is masked by Elaira's life signature or whatever it is called. Only Arithon's union with Elaira will supposedly result in the conception of a child subject to a Koriani life debt. I also got the sense that Arithon probably felt like he could have successfully avoided the trap, and that was why he was so angry with Dakar et al. for violating their moment and his trust.

Arithon and Dalwyn. Arithon definitely hooked up with Dalwyn, the shepherdess of Vastmark (does that sound like the title of a David Eddings' book, or what?).

By max on Friday, March 17, 2006 - 04:59 am: Edit Post

I have thought and rethought the situation that occured between Arithon and Elaira and Dakar. I have now decided that if I were Arithon, when I came to, I would have screamed at the F7 take your kingship and your paravians and stick them where the sun don't shine! I am OUTTA HERE'!! and then take his lady thru the East Gate. What a horribly humiliating thing to have happen. I would have died of the embarassment. Poor Elaira! [grinning at ya]

By Jo on Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 03:43 pm: Edit Post

I totally agree with you Max. There is not much gratitude for what Arithon does and to do that to him and Elaria is so crule. Arithon said he would not have a child by what Elaria stated he would if it was hers! (i have to say the first time i read it i didn't realise what was going on. A bit slow on the uptake.
Also I think the desert people must have a lot more to do with this story as they think Arithon his a god.
Lastly although I have every sympathy towards Arithon I believe that not fighting is very selfish. To sacrifice his allies just because they know what cause they a fighting just seems completely selfish to me. I hope he gets off the morale high ground to kick some, well u know. If he sacrifices his allies who will be left, no one will thank him for it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: