Archive through February 25, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: The wars of light and shadow: Archive through February 25, 2005
   By Jean Smith on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 06:52 pm: Edit Post

Will there ever be a satisfactory outcome and defeat of the mistraith curse that has gripped the two half-brothers Arithon and Lysaer? If so, how many more volumes are there to come before this happens? I presume that you can't divulge whether the Paravians will be re-discovered, but it would be nice to be able to look forward to a happy ending, eventually.

Thanking you in anticipation.

By Rurack on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 05:05 pm: Edit Post

after stromed fortress there are two more arc that jannny has said are more in length of Curse, Ship, and Warhost. So maybe four more books. But Janny has always said, quite stongly some time, That there is an end and there will be an end

By Konran on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 06:25 pm: Edit Post

This is posted elsewhere on the board:

Arc 1 consists of Curse of the Mistwraith.
Arc 2 consists of Ships of Merior and Warhost of Vastmark.
Arc 3 is what we are currently in, called the Alliance of Light, consisting of Fugitive Prince, Grand Conspiracy, Peril's Gate, Traitor's Knot, and Stormed Fortress.
Arcs 4 and 5 are yet to be discussed, but Janny has said, as Rurack mentions, that they are much shorter than Alliance of Light. I'd agree with the estimate of probably about four more books, though only Janny knows for sure ;) You can be certain, though, that the end IS coming, and while it may not be YOUR definition of "satisfying" (Janny is never one for the cliched "and the peasants rejoice" happy ending, I've noticed), it WILL be resolved. :P Patience, young Padawan.

By Frank T Davis on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 12:03 pm: Edit Post

Oh hoolies!! May the gods rejoice in your radience Konran! Thanks for the reminder.

It is a great joy that Janny is writing from an outline that covers the saga from start to finish. Thus we know that it will end. Hopefully her next world will be as phenomenally fantastic as this one. And it will not be too terribly long before she invites us into it.
Frank

By billeebee on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 02:54 am: Edit Post

Ohhh Guys that soo great!! Can't wait. Traitors Knot was a lot gritter than the previous books so i look forward to reading the next ones (Not that my partner will like that too much as he gets no attention when i'm emersed) I eagerly await to read Stormed Fortress as a necromancer eagerly awaits it's next victim. (Not a nice annalogy but the best i could think of. I"M ADDICTED hehe). One thing though is that living in a country town trying to get a new release is torcher!! (A 2-3month wait after release date-- ARRHHHHHHH) Anyways love the series with all the light and shadowy bits in between :-). I guess we really have only read the 1st hundred years of the brothers unnaturally long 500 year life span!!!
billeebee

By Michelle Kearney on Friday, February 25, 2005 - 04:07 am: Edit Post

Hey billeebee like you I hate waiting for new releases. In the end I gave up with book shops and pre-ordered each book from Amazon as soon as I could. That way I get it on the day of release from a very nice postman! Am checking every day for when I can pre-order Stormed Fortress, the suspense is killing me :D