Archive through May 31, 2005

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: The wars of light and shadow: Archive through May 31, 2005
   By Gwendollyn Denver on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 11:12 pm: Edit Post

I was jsut wondering, has she written any of Stormed Fortress yet?

By Janny Wurts on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 09:01 am: Edit Post

Yup.

By thom on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 10:06 am: Edit Post

Janny,

I know the focus is on traitors know right now, but i am wondering how stormed fortress is coming along? How far along do you think you are? Can't wait to get my copy of triators know!!

By Hunter on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 10:26 am: Edit Post

Traitor's Knot.. Traitor's Knot.. once more.. Traitor's Knot!....

Not Traitor's Know...

By thom on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 10:32 am: Edit Post

ooooopppppsss.....
my typing is bad on a good day.....lol. sorry about that.

By Trys on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 11:32 am: Edit Post

Of course thom's typo introduces an interesting idea. Does the traitor know? And if they do, what do they know? :-)

Trys

By Miranda on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 12:32 pm: Edit Post

Well...if Davien's the traitor then he seems to know pretty much everything...whuhahahahaha...(ok, not everything, but a lot more than we do). Oh, I do hope we get some more of Davien soon... I think I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms (hence my terrifying overuse of ellipses).

Miranda

By Hunter on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 08:21 pm: Edit Post

Davien is many things.. but a Traitor isn't one of them... :-)

By neilw on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 02:31 am: Edit Post

"the betrayer"..."the betrayer"... once more... Davien..."the betrayer"... ;-)

"on most days we all agree". :-)

By Hellcat on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 03:35 am: Edit Post

Davien is not the traitor in Traitor's Knot. The identity of the Traitor(s) can be guessed at from previous books, but the plotline come almost totally out of the blue.

Hellcat

By Ryan Gohl on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 09:12 am: Edit Post

Not to mention, just because Davien betrayed the F7 (then again, I am not sure it was out of ill intent, just that he disagreed with their methods), it doesn't mean he is a traitor. In my mind, a traitor is someone who only pretends to follow an ideology or belief, and then tuens against that ideology or belief in an ill turn. Davien the Betrayer, I can agree with, Davien the Traitor, I disagree with.

Just my few thoughts, I could be off, but that is my current interpretation from the story and Davien's character at this moment. I'm sure that once I read TK, I will have a better idea. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong though :-)

By neilw on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 12:13 pm: Edit Post

I was just kidding Hunter; I don't feel Davien is the traitor either...

But betray is a verb and traitor is a noun meaning roughly the same thing or so I thought...:-)

Traitor - not loyal

Betray - not loyal or not doing what you say you will...

I'm still surprised that Davien had the freedom to manoeuvre the downfall of the kingdoms within the confines of the compact...did the potential gain outweigh the risk? We still don't know why. Any why did the F7 "remove" his body? Still very curious stuff...

By Miranda on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 05:56 pm: Edit Post

Mmm, wasn't actually saying Davien was the traitor of Traitor's Knot. I must learn not to be facetious, it gets me into all sorts of trouble. My understanding of the word 'to betray' is 'to behave in a devious and harmful way to a person or organisation by whom/which one was held in a position of trust', whilst a 'traitor' is, I believe, someone who commits 'treachery', which, I think, is a crime that can only be perpetrated against a ruler or military body. One can betray one's friend, but one can only behave treacherously towards one's king/queen/army - at any rate it's a crime with national rather than merely personal implications. (I think...)