Archive through September 13, 2006

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through September 13, 2006
   By Janny Wurts on Sunday, August 13, 2006 - 09:31 am: Edit Post

Advice from one of the test readers, loosely, be sure you're caught up on Fugitive Prince as some stuff may come back to bite you....grin.

Something to do while you're waiting... :-)

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 04:37 pm: Edit Post

Status - the pages are over the 1000, and I've completed draft for 14 set....now the LAST SET commences!

By Blue on Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 08:04 pm: Edit Post

My cousin Dylan is a drummer, should I have him record a drumroll for us? :-O

By Neil Wilson on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 10:59 am: Edit Post

FP tidbits...

- Lysaer outcast from the compact
- Moriel and the history of the koriani / feud with F7 ( who's secret about their origins seems safe unless, say, traithe is captured)
- Cattrick and boats, of course...
- Clans at sea...searching for paravians?
- Grimwards...
- Poor Talith
- Selection of Jeynsa as cathdein

I reread a passage about Althain (Sethivir is distacted at one point) Althain tower is "special" and some of the descriptions just don't really mean much - yet - if you stop to think about it...

Another new tidbit I notice...some clanborn took vengence within a Tysan town after the uprising... a town was fortified as a result of clan attacks after the uprising. Rather "unfortunate" since I now feel they lost the moral high ground in doing so ;-)

I just can't believe the little things you miss upon reading...it's like Janny really knows when a reader will "press on" to the action and not stopping to analsye important tidbits left there to be unearthed later :-)

By Blue on Friday, August 18, 2006 - 07:17 pm: Edit Post

That's what the HEADSMACK! (AKA the Blonde High Five) was invented for, Neil. :-O

By anette on Saturday, August 19, 2006 - 04:02 pm: Edit Post

Dear Janny,

I came to read your books by way of the 'Empire Trilogy' which are my favourite books by far in the riftwar saga. Thank you for that brillant story!! I have been recommending them to anyone that stands still to listen ever since.

Now that I have finished the available books in the War of L&S series... please bring out the next one soon!!

Thank you ever so much for your amazing stories!!

By Hunter on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 09:41 pm: Edit Post

One chapter set to write! Yeah.. and it's the final one for this arc.. should be a doddle to write.. :-)

Then painting a cover.. then starting Arc IV..

By Brian Uri! on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 08:49 am: Edit Post

I can't wait!

Pretty soon I'll have to start rereading the series from the beginning (timed just right so I re-finish Traitor's Knot just as Stormed Fortress arrives). That task gets more difficult with each new book, but I'm certainly not complaining!

By Chris Beckett on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 07:56 am: Edit Post

Desperate for more! So many ways I can see for things to go, and I have no idea what way things will go!

Brilliant.

Think Ill just re-read them all from Curse.... just to pass the time and make sure Ive remembered everything.

By Neil on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 10:53 am: Edit Post

I wonder now that if the paravians did come back whether Lysaer could write them off as demons and blame any town insanities on Arithon / F7...Would the paravians be understanding if the clans are not numerous enough to manage? Anything they say to the townborn would presumably be considered evil lies (those of whom could withstand the presence)?

Arithon / F7 would be too busy solving the main problems on the planet whilst Lysaer serves justice...

Maybe the paravian solution would be to leave Lysaer to die anyway...500 years ain't that long in the great scheme of things? Whilst Lysaer is there is cause trouble Arithon has a catalyst to forge humanity's fate...otherwise maybe he would just go off singing with Elaira...

FP tidbits 2...

Fionn (of course)
Traithe's vulnerability

I do wonder whether we might meet any dragons?
Can Koriani withstand paravian presence?

By Neil on Wednesday, August 23, 2006 - 10:53 am: Edit Post

I wonder now that if the paravians did come back whether Lysaer could write them off as demons and blame any town insanities on Arithon / F7...Would the paravians be understanding if the clans are not numerous enough to manage? Anything they say to the townborn would presumably be considered evil lies (those of whom could withstand the presence)?

Arithon / F7 would be too busy solving the main problems on the planet whilst Lysaer serves justice...

Maybe the paravian solution would be to leave Lysaer to die anyway...500 years ain't that long in the great scheme of things? Whilst Lysaer is there causing trouble Arithon has a catalyst to forge humanity's fate...otherwise maybe he would just go off singing with Elaira...

FP tidbits 2...

Fionn (of course)
Traithe's vulnerability

I do wonder whether we might meet any dragons?
Can Koriani withstand paravian presence?

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 12:18 pm: Edit Post

I am now at the writing of THE the crowning scene of Ch 15 main - due warning is given: socks WILL BE INCINERATED.

Ahhhh, the ending of an arc, glimmering ahead. This will be a big one, and a relief to be done.

By Timothy on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:18 pm: Edit Post

It will be a relief to be able to read it, to be sure.

Ahhhh... when can we read the book?!?

Drooooooools......

By Walt on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 09:15 am: Edit Post

I solemnly pledge to not wear socks until completing Stormed Fortress...

Everybody do the HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

By Mitchell Dowd on Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 10:40 pm: Edit Post

Finished reading Trator's Knot to my wife last night. I should have read a bit slower I think... Nevertheless, good to see the next book of my favourite series coming along so well. :-)

By motley on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 02:45 am: Edit Post

Been on the lurk...

Wonderful to hear that socks are burning in Sarasota...

yeehoohaammmummmhummmmm

Roisin.

By Janny Wurts on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 10:44 am: Edit Post

Status report - we are back and settled in after DragonCon. I used the "break" from the writing to design sketches for the British release of Stormed Fortress, and the reissue covers for Fugitive Prinnce, Grand Conspiracy, and Peril's Gate.

These are now done and turned in.

Back to the writing of 15a, which is interesting, considering I "broke off" at the very highest pitch of that scene....take some readjustment to connect to the momentum, with a gorgeous Saturday outside. Need to mow some pastures...

DragonCon, as always, was a total blast. Thanks all of you who attended and said Hi face to face. You are a wonderful bunch!

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 12:09 pm: Edit Post

Status - Stormed Fortress's next subchapter DONE!
Whew!
Been a long time getting HERE...and very close now to achieving a finish to the draft...my ears tingle already, anticipating the explosion this bit is gonna produce....
Staging for Arc 4, you betcha!

By Hunter on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:01 am: Edit Post

Yeah...! :-)

Arc IV? Yikes.. need to get head around Arc III and its exciting culmination! Should we start a poll on who is likely not to survive the end of Arc III..

By Blue on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 01:49 pm: Edit Post

Yeah, right, Hunter, as though ANYONE has been able to second guess Janny so far!