Archive through October 09, 2006

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through October 09, 2006
   By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:45 pm: Edit Post

Well, you're invited to try....

Wanna guess who's pitching a fit, throwing things, in Scene I, subchapter fifteen???

By Yvonne on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 08:58 pm: Edit Post

Hi Janny
Who could guess who's pitching a fit, there are so many possibilities - Dakar, Morriel/Selidie,
Luhaine, Feylind, Jeynsa, the list goes on! However, promises that socks will be incinerated might be a hint that Lysaer loses his cool? I am so looking forward to finding out, about this and everything else you will have for us. I am re reading at the moment to be prepared I love your books and can't wait for Stormed Fortress. One thing I do hope is that Stormed Fortress doesn't refer only to Alestron. Perhaps Lysaer's fortress of self-righteousness might come under attack too, and aslso Elaira's "imprisonment" by the Koriani vows and the implanted sigil. (If imprisonment is the wrong term, please forgive me, but that's how it seems to me.) Not that I am asking as I realise you wouldn't answer, it's just how my thoughts have been running when I consider (in excited anticipation!) that I won't have to wait much longer. Thank you so much for these wonderful books and for the ones to come.

By Derek Coventry on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 02:33 am: Edit Post

My first thought is the Koriani Prime; but I'm content to wait and see! I just love the anticipation.
I've read in the past week Trudi Canavan's Black Magician trilogy and couldn't put the books down; now I'm halfway through "Priestess of the White"

By motley on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 04:34 am: Edit Post

hmm... Elaira has had endless patience... but I definitely got the feeling in the last book, that her subconcious at least was starting to simmer... wonder if she does finally have a few choice words to say... and possibly to Arithon? *grin*

By Hunter on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 11:41 am: Edit Post

Jeynsa and Fionn Areth are two at the top of the list to be pitching a fit - in yet another fit of pique about something not going their way.

Elaira would be far too controlled.. Lysaer would just turn something into smoking sludge.. A sober Dakar might.

As of the end of TK, Selidie's hands were in a bad way, Lirenda would have to be freed of her bonds.

By Susan C on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:12 pm: Edit Post

Any of the S'Brydion would top my list.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 08:18 pm: Edit Post

LAST chapter set started Today.....the end is in sight.

When I reach draft page Last, I'll have to think about a celebration preview snippet.

By Hunter on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 06:21 am: Edit Post

Snippets are good...

I don't think of s'Brydion's of pitching fits.. they tend to want to stick swords in things when they get angry..

By Auna on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 02:06 pm: Edit Post

Happy happy joy joy! Bouncy bouncy bouncy!

By Yvonne on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 06:48 pm: Edit Post

A celebration snippet - cause for a celebration in itself!
I think the person pitching the fit must be someone we don't expect to lose control - so Elaira or even Arithon? Janny, is there a possibility that after posing the question you are going to -hhhmmm- hint, or something?

By Jo on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 02:48 pm: Edit Post

Celebration time come on - can't wait. I can imagine Arithon losing his temper but Elaira.

As I recall in TK, Arithon was not inclined to get it on with her again I think that's enough to make her lose control. It could be Jeynsa, think Arithon needs to sort that little madame out!

By Dorothy on Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 01:24 pm: Edit Post

Throwing things? Hmmm-my money's on Feylind.

By Janny Wurts on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 12:43 pm: Edit Post

I have been scarce - sorry for that. I know there are hanging questions here (I'll get to them!)

This ending of the book is a zigzag, uphill drive. It's taking all of my attention. (Tho the weather is conspiring to be beautiful!)

I have chapter sixteen main almost wrapped up into draft - it's done a startling zag into some fascinating territory - but unexpected....I've had to do some backhistory exploration. Fun when this stuff pops up where I don't plan for it - but hindsight always bears out, it belongs Just Here.

Some endings go quick, some don't. If they don't, it's always because of some little treasure of a bit I haven't unearthed yet.

Quality of the experience, foremost, has to ring true!

(That's smug authorial sweetalk for "you better danged well cough up the inspiration to wind up the last eight or so pages already, because it's too gorgeous NOT to go riding this afternoon!!!)

Ah, Florida in the fall.

If I ever chose a date to "meet" for a chat group picnic in one of our state parks - - would a batch of you be crazy enough to pool together and come?

This area of the world is GORGEOUS when we get the nice, dry sunny days - just as it's getting colder and drearier elsewhere, we get our particular dose of paradise.

By Iris on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 01:36 pm: Edit Post

Janny - count on me! I'm with you on that thought! Nearly full moon last night was amazing. And how about those "cold fronts" where it gets down to (brrrrrr) 50!

By starstorm on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 07:05 pm: Edit Post

quote:

If I ever chose a date to "meet" for a chat group picnic in one of our state parks - - would a batch of you be crazy enough to pool together and come?

Janny, that sounds great! Assuming I could get the time off from work and a flight, I'd sure make the effort.

~Anna

By Theresa on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 08:03 pm: Edit Post

quote:

Indeed. :-) I think given sufficient notice, my arm would not need much of a twist.

By Wayne on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 08:41 pm: Edit Post

Count me in also.

Wayne

By bart on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:59 am: Edit Post

Wish I could,(groan). Glad the weathers good over your end of the pond. Keep up the good work maestro.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 11:03 am: Edit Post

Status: starting into the last two subchapters for sixteen...and the ending bit, yes!

draft page count, in manuscript 1100 - erp!!

By Jay_Jay on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 12:19 pm: Edit Post

My birth mom overwinters in Florida, in Ruskin, which is not that far away. I am long overdue to go down and visit her there, so a sidetrip to your neck of the woods would definitely be a possibility!

I just would have to sort something out with the folks at work, though, to get a few extra days.