Archive through October 16, 2006

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through October 16, 2006
   By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:19 pm: Edit Post

NOOOOOO!!! Drat this whole *sulks* Australian thing...

*sigh*

I'll meet ye, Janny, one day. It has now become a mission! *strikes determined pose, complete with determined eyebrows*

What would you suggest for someone who suffers from an attention span that does not allow him to re-read a book once he's read it.
Everytime I read a part I remember, the whole chapter comes back to me and I am almost overwhelmed by the want to skip ahead.

I'm reading Traitor's Knot now and Sulfin Evend has just been given the terms by Enithen Tuer (sp = ? as I'm at work) and I remember the entire plot and twist from that one scene...it kills me that I am daunted by rereading that which I recall...

I guess it's just my laziness coming through...

By Trys on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 04:12 am: Edit Post

Since Janny has a wonderfully lyrical style, I'd suggest paying attention to the nuance of the prose as opposed to the action unfolding on the page. ;)

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 09:36 am: Edit Post

Jay Jay -

If you're that close, and want to meet - e mail and say so. We'll arrange to meet at a local eatery or for coffee or somesuch.

If you guys want to try having a gathering at a local state park, I can arrange the picnic area for a day....you gotta fight out what DATE.

I'd say, give it a year's notice to allow for people to organize time away. Good dates for weather here, and NOT for high air fare -
Late October/early November - gorgeous. Water at beach will still be at least a little residually warm from summer, nights are cool, and the days - apt to be bright and sunny and warm.

Pre Thanksgiving (Nov 25) the airfares & local room rates at hotels are still bargain.

Other times weather is guaranteed nice: April after Easter, and May - though we'll be getting hotter, then, the rain season won't have started. After Easter, airfares, hotels etc go bargain again.

Other times of the year are "season" and more expensive. Also, if it's middle winter - more likely to be cloudier in patches. We DO get very beautiful weather in winter - it's just not as consistently predictable. January particularly may be iffier.

By bart on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 03:05 pm: Edit Post

no florodian weather can be iffier than irish weather, exept we don't get as many hurricanes! Silver in every cloud lining I suppose.
Tell u what I'll nip over in spirit one of these days, just so when I get the hang of astral travel. hmm, even if you mightn't even see me, doh!
what would make things interesting in your next installment if arithon and lysaer under geas had to father children, and thirty years or so down the line, their children would marry, or have to counter deshthiers curse, love hate at first, then of course...

By Mark Timmony on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 08:09 pm: Edit Post

No no no!

Janny you have to come on a holiday to Sydney and do a signing at Galaxy so you can write-off the expense as business :-)

By Joy on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 04:57 am: Edit Post

I think with a year's notice I'll be rebudgeting finances to manage a trip to the US! Mind you.. I can just picture trying to explain the logic to my (non-WOLAS fan) friends... well you see, I know I was supposed to be buying a house this summer... but it's JANNY!!!!

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 04:56 pm: Edit Post

And the pages are counting DOWN!

Ten pages into 16's first subchapter...one scene, FINIS. One more to go...

After that, I'm guessing: exactly Four more scenes to put quit to this arc...plus, of course, three closing one liners....gosh, and there's still TP on the roll....did I get the champagne - better do that.

I just have to laugh all over again at the scene that opens the movie Romancing the Stone - it can Really Happen like that, finish of novel...luckily I am not single anymore! Having a husband means there will be something more in the kitchen than one lone can of tuna for the cat.....grin.

soon to become a Very Satisfied grin....can I count the days?

By Auna on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 06:33 pm: Edit Post

*chuckles* I just recently watched that again and that scene is hillarious. Somehow I think we'll have to wait until the end of the next arc to get that type of wrapup! haha

By starstorm on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 06:47 pm: Edit Post

quote:

can I count the days?

You must know that we surely are!! Can't wait for the post with the Very Satisfied Grin!

I'm dead smack in the middle of Fugitive Prince in my reread of the whole series, and I've discovered that my former pity and shreds of sympathy for Lysaer are strangely absent this time around. And yeah, that was just a random comment... or maybe a testament to the cumulative effect of a reread combined with the knowledge of his future actions through Traitor's Knot :-)

~Anna

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 10:25 pm: Edit Post

To expand on what Anna said, if ye are counting days along with us...since ye're in the drivers seat and ... maybe ... count out loud, we can count along better?

*hint hint* *aids the grin-ness of this page*

By Janny Wurts on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 10:24 am: Edit Post

Last subchapter now underway.....only a matter of pages left - and of course, the weather is lovely, too!

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 02:59 am: Edit Post

The suspense is getting so thick we're cutting it with knives...like fog...uh...I have no analogy...

We're excited...must plough through TK again...refresh my mind...

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 08:11 pm: Edit Post

Ahhhh - a thoroughly rumpled author, looking back on a satisfying day.

The LAST SCENE is in a state of loose note fragments, that just need to be stitched together and refined tomorrow to wind up to that last little mother of a punchline.

Then - three one liners - and this arc will be - DRAFTED, complete.

When that happens, awk, time to pare down and edit!! But methinks the release date that's tentatively set will become the one final....late 07, provided I can do the melt down in page count under the deadline requested.

But - hey - the draft is gonna be finis tomorrow if everything tucks into place.

By Brian Uri! on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 09:07 pm: Edit Post

Congratulations! I'm in the process of rereading from start to "finish" right now and can't wait for the closer.

By Nathan on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 02:31 am: Edit Post

Congratulations Janny. I can not begin to convey to you how much I am looking forward to reading Stormed Fortress.

The moment you announce completion will be my cue to begin the series from scratch again in preparation for the big event.

I'm actually really looking forward to starting the journey once again. It's like visiting old friends that you haven't seen in a while and rediscovering why you liked them so much in the first place.

Good luck with the final scene, let us know the very second you are finished!

By Neil on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 06:44 am: Edit Post

Wow. Nice to hear this :-)

Janny, I hope you enjoyed yourself writing SF as much as we will certainly enjoy reading it.

By Iris on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 12:44 pm: Edit Post

Congratulations Janny!
This is exciting! Calls for another re-read I'd say. I am looking forward soooo much to SF.

Iris

By Trys on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 01:38 pm: Edit Post

Isn't anyone going to include shopping for extra socks for when they read this book? <grin>

By Walt on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 01:42 pm: Edit Post

Nope... no socks...

I am, however, looking for those old-fashioned stocking garters that wrapped around the calf and then clipped to the socks.

and if that doesn't work? That will be fine, as I don't particularly care to wear socks unless I need to. That, and my cat loves to attack my feet if I do wear them...

By Janny Wurts on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 04:08 pm: Edit Post

teetering on the edge now - only the one liners and a bit of a spit and polish left to go...GET READY FOR THE YELL ---