Archive through November 16, 2006

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through November 16, 2006
   By Hunter on Monday, October 30, 2006 - 10:44 pm: Edit Post

Thanks Janny! :-) I'm sure you'll have fun splashing paint on canvas..

By Mark Timmony on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 12:27 am: Edit Post

I can't wait!

I still get weekly enquiries on when the next book is due Janny :-)

Mark.

By Daryl Bamforth on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 03:52 am: Edit Post

Well done Janny,

So are we looking about 1 year to go through the formalities up to final publishing?

At least I will have something on my christmas list for next year :D

With regards to the new covers, when will they be released? After having lent all my books so far to most members of my family the ones I have are looking a bit worse for wear :S

Daryl

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 09:24 am: Edit Post

Daryl -

New releases will occur concurrent with Stormed Fortress. The first three (Mistwraith, Ships, Warhost) are out now.

Mark - weekly? That's neat!

Um - I don't paint on canvas...gessoed masonite, rather. Canvas couldn't take the beating when the works had to be sent to the publishers, and trek to cons all the time.

By Ika Nurain on Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 01:35 am: Edit Post

cool!
Janny's covers have been beautiful so far. Can't wait to see what stormed fortress will look like :D

cheers everyone,
ika

By Ellydee on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 07:33 pm: Edit Post

This is all so exciting! And Trys, "salmon of correction" just made my week.

Elly

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 09:29 pm: Edit Post

NOOO!

I was happily reading, getting more and more sucked into the story...imagination flaring in unison of the spelled transfer of Arithon to Sanpashir...

Turned the page and saw the last 3 snippets and GLOSSARY...

*dies*

I thought I had a little while to go yet...*cries and sucks thumb*

{EDIT 5 MINS LATER}
Also, LoL @ Trys for picking up that I wasn't referring to the US as being a Colony...

I know it started out like that, but they've taken so many more advances to becoming totally independent that makes us Aussies pale in comparison.

But then it stands to ask...who's better off because of their current shackling, or lack thereof?

By Trys on Friday, November 10, 2006 - 03:44 am: Edit Post

One person's shackles are another person's bracelets.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, November 13, 2006 - 10:56 am: Edit Post

Status - six chapters marked up - if all goes well, the heaviest bit of work on my cut down edit before turn in will hit the halfway mark end of this week - we'll see...

By fhcbandmom on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 12:00 pm: Edit Post

Any chance of a celebratory (or maybe even a holiday) sneak peek??

I'll use any excuse to ask!!

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 04:15 pm: Edit Post

LoL!

I'm surprised noone else thought to ask!

What's up with the regulars!? *looks at Trys, Blue & SandTiger (I think...I know Tiger was in there somwhere...maybe not sand...)

By Blue on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 05:31 pm: Edit Post

The key here, Laneth, is subtlety. Janny prefers something, delicate, like grovelling...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! No spoilers wanted, just a tease!!!

Does that help? :-O

By Kimberly Israel on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 09:29 pm: Edit Post

"When I reach draft page Last, I'll have to think about a celebration preview snippet."

Is said snippet going to be forthcoming? (Please, please, please)

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:17 pm: Edit Post

Blue, ye crack me up!

Ok...grovelling...grovelling...

Um...

*cries in frustration*

I'M A LEO!!! I don't grovel...
I'll just purr and ask nicely *wink*

By Trys on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 05:19 am: Edit Post

quote:

I'll just purr and ask nicely

But will you be a nice kitty and roll over so someone can rub your belly?

By max on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 06:24 am: Edit Post

I don't know about your kitties Trys, but when mine roll over it's best not to touch them!! they have claws and teeth like sabertooth tigers. But I am more of a dog person anyway so Janny if I wag my tail and doggy smile and pant and drool, would that help.?? ROWF ROWF. [smiling at ya]

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 10:45 am: Edit Post

The problem:

almost EVERYTHING in this book is a major spoiler....I am (and have been!) looking.....there's gotta be something....

I am bearing that promise in mind.

Actually just completed the contest stuff - it'll be posted soon.

Don had an uproarious suggestion for the "guess it" last night that had me collapsed with laughter in the tub, of all things...

"Why not ask em who gets the biggest brown spot in their trousers" followed up by, "Which of the Most Powerful gets the most egg on their face?"

Let that byplay hold you till I find that preview excerpt.

By Trys on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 11:53 am: Edit Post

Max,

Yup, cats have claws and I've had my share of scratches but all of my kitties love to have their bellies rubbed and save for one, liked to be held on their back while it was being done. Sekhmet II did not like to be held. She wanted to be near me and touching me (she used to squeenze in between me and the arm of the chair) but not held.

Trys

By fhcbandmom on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 04:05 pm: Edit Post

Janny wrote: "The problem:

almost EVERYTHING in this book is a major spoiler....I am (and have been!) looking.....there's gotta be something.... "

That's not a problem for me! How about the rest of you?! (LOL)

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 05:33 pm: Edit Post

Awright - you got it - just found the right snip in today's round of cut down - have FUN!