Archive through February 08, 2007

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through February 08, 2007
   By Janny Wurts on Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 09:42 pm: Edit Post

All the hand marked changes are entered!

Whoopeee, now only the proof/final check of the last two chapter sets, add in the proofer's changes and -- crash through the glossary.

Then -- I can yell done, real soon now!

By Hunter on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 01:12 am: Edit Post

Yeah!!!!!!

By Blue on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 09:31 am: Edit Post

Dear Mr. Maitz,

Please do not be alarmed, that strange woman running through your house and screaming "Done!" at the top of her lungs is not some loud lunatic who broke into your house. Believe it or not, that is your wife. Yes, indeed, you will remember that you did marry a lady named Janny Wurts. We, her captors - I mean, fans! - have kept her cooped up long enough to accomplish a task, namely the writing of an epic. Please enjoy a brief respite with her, and reacquaint yourself with her before our demands for the next part of her epic come about.

Thank you.

By Ika Nurain on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 07:30 pm: Edit Post

lol blue!

woohoo Janny!!!

By motley on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 09:06 am: Edit Post

Lovely to see all the chat/speculation/questions.

But 'specially glad to hear it's nearing launch time Janny! I can almost hear the rustle of turning pages and feel them between my fingers...

Life's getting fuller so I've not been on for a bit. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:15 am: Edit Post

All right - the main text went and has been received.

Only the glossary left for the text,

Then cover art, interior art, maps.

By Brian Uri! on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 06:12 pm: Edit Post

Congratulations on another milestone! I can't wait for the finished product.

By not Minnesota on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 02:44 am: Edit Post

I can't wait either. But please tell me the US editions will come out at the same time as the UK. I had to order "Traitor's Knot" and "To Ride Hell's Chasm" from Amazon.co.uk to avoid waiting months for a book that was already on the market. They have Stormed Fortress already listed as coming out Nov 5th. Now with 1 GBP = 1.97 US$s, it would be a painful premium on this one. I can wait only so long!

By Hunter on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 04:57 am: Edit Post

Relying on Amazon release dates as fountain of truth might not be good.

As with previous releases, when Janny has a confirmed release date from her publishers (the US and UK publishers are different, hence usually different release dates), she will honour us by posting it here, as the *official* source.

By Trys on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 05:19 am: Edit Post

And, of course, a 'confirmed' release date will be added to the Stormed Fortress page on the website as will the cover art when it is finished.

Trys

By Hunter on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 05:44 am: Edit Post

And a link to where the first chapter will be uploaded as a teaser.. :-)

This happened the last couple of books, I'm thinking it will happen on this one. Given Janny read a lot of this at a recent Con, it's always possible.. ::grin::

By Derek Coventry on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 06:16 am: Edit Post

When the moment comes that I get my hands on my copy, the rest of the world will be forgotten for a while; it will be as if time stands still, (and it probably will!)

By Blue on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 08:29 am: Edit Post

Amen to waiting for Janny to make the official announcement for the release of Stormed Fortress. I remember ripping LOTS of hair out with the delays (Not Janny's fault) with Grand Conspiracy. Amazon (US) had listed a June release, and I did not actually get my grubby paws on the book for nearly a year and a half.

As for me, I am not only looking forward to the contents, I am also impatiently anticipating the cover - yes, Arithon will be his usual gorgeous self* - but HOW will he be his usual gorgeous self?

*Independently confirmed. Most of the women to whom I show the covers of Janny's books have asked me to ask Janny for the model's phone number! I then have to say they need a phone number for Janny's imagination, since she does NOT use a model for Arithon.

By Trys on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 12:37 pm: Edit Post

Perhaps telephone technology is proscribed on Athera... ;)

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 12:44 pm: Edit Post

I will say TENTATIVELY that the November date for the UK

MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT be correct.

This was the date given to me when the June deadline became impossible to meet (last year). I did a "recheck" in December, asking if my January turn in could hold that date - and it seemed so, THEN. But I haven't rechecked since the manuscript was turned in - the editors have JUST gotten the body of the story, and I have yet to turn in the Glossary (and possible) appendix material.

When the editor has the whole text in hand, I will inquire to see if, internally, they've still got that November slot tagged for this title. I expect they will - let's not rely on Amazon - but it may be in line, and not spurious at all.

I have worked flat out to keep that spot - we'll see. When stuff gets rearranged internally at the publisher, there's not a thing I can do, since I am not consulted.

By HJ on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 02:20 pm: Edit Post

Thank you, Janny. You bring hope to the masses!! :-)

By HJ on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 02:29 pm: Edit Post

Trys, in the "preview" stage of doing the above post, I got a violent yellow highlight for a possible spelling mistake of the word "Janny". For this post, it has also flagged up "Trys".

????? HELP!!!!!

By Trys on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 03:32 pm: Edit Post

Hi HJ,

To avoid the spell checker, access your profile and in the preferences section is a 'Spell check my posts' checkbox. IF it's checked, clear the checkbox and save your profile. This should stop the highlighted words that are not in the dictionary (gotta update that one of these days.)

Trys

By HJ on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 04:01 pm: Edit Post

Thank you. I updated my profile recently and I must have decided to go for the spellcheck option. I might keep it checked for handiness, I hate spelling things wrong!

I just thought it was really funny that it picked up "Janny" and "Trys", the very people without whom this website would not exist.

It is a particularly snappy shade of yellow too!

Thanks for your help once again, Trys.

PS It's picked up "website" too!! Updating it must be a headache for you. I just know I'm going to have lots of giggles to myself over this, I'll have to post more often!

;~)

By Derek Coventry on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 04:02 am: Edit Post

Thank you Janny,
I'm putting it first on my Xmas 2007 wish list for my offspring's attention with the note that they need not wait until Christmas day to endulge their aging pater. This worked very well for me last year with Trudi Canavan's 'Voice of the Gods'. I received it within a week of it's Australian publication courtesy of my son's Brother-in-law who regularly flies back and forth.