Archive through May 04, 2007

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through May 04, 2007
   By Annette on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 08:50 pm: Edit Post

oooh, oooh, oooh I just thought of something, going back to the map. Since the little section of Southwest Rathain is "hidden" albeit being in plain view maybe that is where other things are hidden, like the missing paravians or sun children or maybe that is where Ciladis is "sleeping." It did seem at one point in one of the books (I can't remember which) that one of the beings looked up at one point when Arithon was fiddling with the lanes ???? and the passage either said or implied that the being was guarding a sleeping sorcerer. If I am remembering at all correctly - my memory is about the size of a flea. Does this make sense at all? I have been working like crazy and have been sick for two weeks. If it doesn't make sense please forgive me and maybe someone can straighten it out?

By Angus on Monday, April 23, 2007 - 08:01 am: Edit Post

Annette:

It was in CotMW, when Arithon and Lysaer are reducing the mist that held the spirits that make up Desh-Thiere, where a unicorn "stands sentinel as Desh-Thiere's mists part...as tree-filtered sunlight glances across a cave mouth and a weakened shimmer of ward-light fades back to quiessence without rousing the sorcerer sealed under sleep spells within..." However, that's on a "faraway isle, amid waters never charted..."

Can you tell I am in the midst of a re-read?

The plain sight "special" area is not a "faraway isle, amid waters never charted..."

By Sundancer on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 06:16 am: Edit Post

Happy dance - 5 November! And it will have the appendix, too.

Janny you sound like life is great at the moment, enjoy your painting and sailing (and hookey). O joy, I haven't found your Paravian short stories yet - another one coming before Arc IV.

I'm still puzzling over the cover art for Stormed Fortress - is it a dragon or not, what a wonderful twist that would be.

By Robert Walker on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 04:08 pm: Edit Post

I have been reading these posts for months and thank you all for hours of enjoyment at work. Jenny your a wonderful wrighter and i even name my son Lysaer.

I know most of you hate him but i think he has more todo than anyone knows. To me he has had the worst time of the curse and where as he is a dumb arse he feels his decisions are the right ones.

I look forward to see what happens with lysaer and hope he is to be the king we all know he shoulda been if the F7 hadnt sacraficed him so much for their compassion

DarthJazy

By Jessica Rischbieter on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 06:33 pm: Edit Post

Hello,

I'm in the U.S.; When Traitor's Knot was released I couldn't wait and ordered it from Amazon.com in the UK. The postage was high, besides that not a problem. I also bought the Meisha Merlin version also, lol.

I've also already preordered Stormed Fortress through Amazon UK. Went through fine.

:-)

By Annette on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 07:31 pm: Edit Post

Thanks Angus, I figured I must have had it wrong. The answer wouldn't be THAT simple. Thanks

By Mark Timmony on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 09:10 pm: Edit Post

Will I make you all hate me (again)?

I'm reading Stormed Fortress!

Yay! It's great working in the book trade (and being friendly with the publishers of your favorite author)!

And OMG! You guys are gonna go WILD over so of this stuff (and I'm only 1/4 through it!)

Before you ask I have promised Janny that I'll reveal nothing - other than my joy and amazement and what she's worked so hard at. And with all that's going on here... well believe me you'll not want it spoiled for you.

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 11:07 pm: Edit Post

No. Way.

Man, ye have the most awesome position in the world right now.

Envy doesn't even cover the emotive expression I'm currently experiencing...

By Hunter on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 11:17 pm: Edit Post

So how much are you asking for the book? :-)

By dee on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 03:23 am: Edit Post

absolutely GREEN with envy - a quarter of the way through and all that still left to read -heaven!

By Angus on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 07:34 am: Edit Post

Mark:

Firstly, regarding your fourth line: DUH!!! LIKE WE'D EXPECT ANYTHING LESS FROM JANNY?? (Janny, no unintended pressure there, but, you have set yourself up for it by being such a damn good writer).

Secondly, regading the first, second, third and fifth lines: Listen in your mind, if you will, for the thousands of teeming voices of Janny's readers, sounding exactly like the thousands of teeming voices of Desh-Thiere, with its most quietly sinister tone, saying "you son-of-a-@!#*@".

Just kidding. You are a very fortunate man, and I know you are enjoying yourself. It's also good to know that Janny and we can trust you not to spoil the November read for the rest of us.

They ain't called "spoilers" for nothin'

By Jo on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 09:33 am: Edit Post

You are one lucky man Mark. How I envy you!!

By Randy Moreland on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 12:46 pm: Edit Post

Is the hardback available to order through Amazon.com UK? I can only seem to order the tradepaper. Could anyone help me with the ISBN for the hardback? Thanks

By Mark Timmony on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 07:54 pm: Edit Post

As yet there is NO ISBN for a Hardback edition.

By Trys on Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 11:04 am: Edit Post

I'd suggest Mark has the second most awesome place in the world... Janny's test readers have the first. :-)

Hi Mark,

I thought I had you re-mail addy but can't find it. Can you e-mail me?

Trys

By Mark Timmony on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 03:36 am: Edit Post

Done Trys

By Mark Timmony on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 03:41 am: Edit Post

Okay I thought it was done but I just received a delivery failure notice. I used the email in your profile Trys.

By Trys on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 09:29 am: Edit Post

Mark,

That's the correct e-mail address. The host of Paravia.com is extremely fussy about spam and sometimes odd things will trigger a 'bounce'. Try e-mailing without any signature or tag line and see if that works. I had to stop using my signature lines as they caused a spam bounce when I e-mail Janny.

Trys

By Blue on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 05:26 pm: Edit Post

So, what's your sig line - Mutton, must have more mutton?

:-O

By Brian Uri! on Friday, May 04, 2007 - 07:38 pm: Edit Post

"There's mutton to eat here."