Archive through October 09, 2007

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through October 09, 2007
   By Joy on Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 12:18 pm: Edit Post

quote:

The good ones only get better.

I like that... haven't met my good one yet but I'm an optimist :-)

Really looking forward to the new release.... ordered through Amazon UK as priority delivery, and I can already smell the newly printed pages.... Yum!!

By Sandtiger on Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 04:13 pm: Edit Post

5 Weeks - Wow, time moves quickly!

By Janny Wurts on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 01:58 pm: Edit Post

I have been told from On High :-) - that the request for the excerpt is putting the file in process at HarperCollins - first one to spot it, shout.

Stand by, it ought to be soon...

Meantime, today, we are T minus one MONTH in the countdown for launch...

By PurplePenny on Friday, October 05, 2007 - 02:48 pm: Edit Post

Oh my! Now I have to time it right so that I can start a reread at the right moment. If I start to reread now I will finish too early; but how long to leave it?

There is another series (by Bernard Cornwell) that I want to read... there are only three of them ... it would help to fill the gap and might prevent me from starting my pre-SF reread too soon.

By Brian Uri! on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 12:45 pm: Edit Post

Just finished GC again this morning... two more books in a month if I want to catch up!

By Stefan Strindin on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 03:21 pm: Edit Post

Hello, it's been awhile since i have been here but since i knew it was starting to count down i just had to come and write (i check in from time to time)
and as i just read i could not keep from chuckling.
I live in Sweden and i buy all my books from UK, i do this because most books in sweden are very expencive.
Last month i went to a swedish books store i bought 2 books on sale.. one 450pages 200swedish KR and another about 1000pages that was 250kr =450kr if u say the dollar is 8dollars (think it's somewere there) = 56Dollar ^^.
And i love books i buy atleast one every month (normaly every week)
And now im just counting down untill i get my hands on this new book from you Janny All of yours i have read (read them all) have been very good and im just looking forward untill this next one.. (you might notice im at a lost for words that's how exited i am).

By Stefan Strindin on Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 03:27 pm: Edit Post

I did say that the 2 books was on sale right? normaly its about 300-400kr (oh they split most books that are over 1000pages aswell = 2x300kr ^^)

By Angus on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 03:12 pm: Edit Post

It's hard to believe that it's less than a month to release of SF!

Brian, I am in the midst of FP, and don't know if I'll finish the whole arc before SF arrives (three rather large volumes to go, work 5.5 days a week, and two kids and their activities... sigh). I get a little extra time because the blighters won't ship to arrive on November 5 (even though they already have it, curse them!), so it's scheduled to arrive on November 12 for us in Canada and the U.S.

Can I put off SF until I finish TK again should I fail to do so before it arrives? Might be an interesting test of my endurance. But painful!

By John Parsons on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 03:40 pm: Edit Post

SPOILER***
SPOILER***

www.voyager-books.co.uk has a brief synopsis now, some tantalizing snippets:

quote:

Though Athera may be free, the fight is far from over…
The heartstopping conclusion to the Alliance of Light series brings Lysaer's army of Light to besiege the great citadel of Alestron. Master of Shadow, Arithon, with barely a moment's recuperation from his victory over the necromancers, has discovered that young Jeynsa s'Valerient whom he has sworn to protect, has joined the ranks of his disowned allies within the threatened citadel. Worse, following a failed rescue attempt, his beloved Elaira, his double, Fionn Areth, and the spellbinder Dakar are also trapped within Alestron's walls. The chancy wiles of Davien the betrayer must spirit Arithon across the enemy lines to attempt a bold and perilous rescue mission.
Arithon must seek the heartcore of his talent, even while embroiled in a savage battle against those he has vowed to protect. But treachery strikes from deep within the duke's ranks. Lysaer's fanatics will be unleashed to claim their bloody revenge. With the Fellowship Sorcerers in mortal danger, and all under threat from a collapsing grimward, Davien the betrayer is unable to intercede to save his colleagues and so will be forced to invoke the dire terms of an ancient and most secretive bargain.
Arithon stands alone at the hour of reckoning as the true purpose of the Koriani enchantresses becomes, at long last fully, unveiled – with the covetous Prime Matriarch now poised to snatch a prize, a prize beyond that of merely integrity and life…

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

John

By Hunter on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 05:24 pm: Edit Post

That's been there for a while, the next exciting bit is whether HC Aust can get an excerpt up on their web site.. keep watching..

By Hunter on Monday, October 08, 2007 - 10:54 pm: Edit Post

A few of you may be interested in this.

http://www.voyageronline.com.au/books/extract.cfm?ISBN=0007217803

Enjoy..

By Neil on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 03:41 am: Edit Post

This is the preview it seems ;-)

By Brian Uri! on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 07:51 am: Edit Post

Thanks for the link! I just devoured it in minutes.

By Angus on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 08:15 am: Edit Post

Man, that just made me drool! Waiting just got harder, and I don't care if I don't finish my re-reads. When SF arrives, the midnight oil is burnin'!

By Hunter on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 11:01 am: Edit Post

Probably no need for a spoiler topic given the excerpt is available for all to see - unlike when the book comes out and only those worthy nations get it (like Aust and NZ which made untimely Rugby World Cup exits) and I guess "the nation saved again by Johnny". I'm backing France now..

** SPOILER - if you haven't read the excerpt **

Was I the only one who thought it exceedingly cruel, nasty and devious to end the excerpt right at the point where Arithon might happen to awaken and take in the bound personage deposited somewhat unceremoniously? I want to know **now** what Arithon will say to Sulfin Evend..

If this just the start.. what a cracking novel it's going to be.. perhaps the wise gryphon will put a countdown timer on the main page - days, hours, minutes until release of the book and some (but not all!) questions are answered.

By Jo on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 01:31 pm: Edit Post

I am so excited counting down the weeks. Royal Mail better not be on strike again when I am due my copy. Selfish I know but never mind. I hope Sulfin doesn't die it seems everyone who gets to know Arithon and sees that he is not what the rest of Athera fears ends up dead.

Come on England!

By Angus on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 02:27 pm: Edit Post

***SPOILER - if you haven't read the excerpt***

"exceedingly cruel, nasty and devious..." is the understatement of the month! It was positively evil to end it there!

Evend has some hope. At least he sees the whole Light thing is a sham. He sure didn't expect to see Arithon in Sanpashir! Time for another revelation for him.

Lysaer might kill him, though, or lock him in a tower, if he finds out that Evend's been "contaminated". Look at what happened to Talith in FP.

I'd root for Canada, but quite frankly, our national rugby team isn't all that competetive. Too bad, 'cause rugby's a great game (much better than either American or Canadian football, which have too many play stoppages). We don't even hear about rugby in mainstream news, and have to look for it on the specialty sports channel. Our young athletes mostly get aimed at hockey, what the rest of the world calls "ice" hockey.

Waaaaaaay faster than rugby, play keeps going, and it has a forward pass.

I could never cheer for France. I have Scottish heritage, but I am assuming that they are out as well. Well, there's nothing for it, but to say:

"GO ENGLAND!"

BTW, what's "the nation saved again by Johnny"? Do you mean John Bull, as in England? Or is it a particular player?

Forgive this hockey-loving Canadian his ignorance.

By Gary on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 02:38 pm: Edit Post

I'm on jury duty the week the book arrives. I just hope it's a quiet week so I can relax in the bowels of the court building with SF! Assuming it's Just Not Done to read while listening to witnesses and evidence and stuff...

Janny, it was a wonderful beginning to the book. I can't wait for the rest!

* SPOILER * SPOILER * SPOILER * SPOILER * SPOILER *

I could really feel the discomfort of Arithon reliving his handling by the Kralovir. It really gave brought home to me how grave the situation was, and how horrific the rites. *shiver*

By Trys on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 02:59 pm: Edit Post

Spoiler topic for SF now exists.

By Trys on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 03:46 pm: Edit Post

Excerpt is also located at http://www.paravia.com/JannyWurts/website/Excerpts/StormedFortressExcerpt.html