Archive through October 25, 2007

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through October 25, 2007
   By Derek Coventry on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 08:38 am: Edit Post

I'm beginning to get dizzy avoiding spoilers so I've decided to avoid all sites that may spring one before my eyes; and as the fireworks are priming I'm killing time with a light re-read of an old classic..."A Princess of Mars".

By DarthJazy on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 10:03 am: Edit Post

Clansman

If you go to the miscelanious section we have a whole section there dedicated to WoW and the creation of said WoLaS game. Janny has refrained at this point to coming down to us game freaks. :P I am hoping to order the book right before the 5th since my sister is moving in and my exfiance is moving out.

Anyway I am back to work and then to hospital to get moms take care all.

One last thing. As A newly made 30 year old (Oct 5th) I am still a great gamer and my 6 year old is good but still can't touch my skill yet i am certain that will one day change.

By Brad on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 05:26 pm: Edit Post

I use to play on Harvestgain as my main server from January to March 2000. At that point I joined Darktide and could never go back to a white dot server. Free for all pvp ftw. For all the grief that server caused I had some good times. I'll never forget killing a guy that was s-talking me not 20 minutes before I killed him and ran his vassal off 2 on 1 hehe.

By Auna on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 05:51 pm: Edit Post

Hehehe Brad... I did a little pvp but it was too stressful always twitching at red dots on the radar and having to be careful going into stores to buy stuff since people could block your way out.

I did a little AC2 as well, hence this nickname of Auna (aun ralirea was a tumerok so I came up with Auna Ralirea as the name of my female tumerok)

By Mark Timmony on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 11:21 pm: Edit Post

Okay guys - so I was off by one week.

IT'S HERE!!!

We are receiving as quickly as possible so it should be on the shelf in the next hour. :-)

By Mark Timmony on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 11:23 pm: Edit Post

IT'S HERE!

(for those who only read the first lines of the posts....

By Meredith Lee Gray on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 12:19 am: Edit Post

Mark, great news! Well, if I was in Sydney, it would be great news. Do you get to ship the book out now as well, or must you wait until 11/3? I have an order through another shop, but I could always cancel...

Mer

By Mark Timmony on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 12:30 am: Edit Post

Oh it's on the floor ready for sale right now!

Special Orders (including mail orders) are being processed but have missed todays mail so wil leave the store tomorrow.

By Meredith Lee Gray on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 01:16 am: Edit Post

I wonder how long the shipping to middle America is then... I'm at the Galaxybooks web site (though it shows the book at "Abbey's Bookshop" so I hope it's all the same) and I don't mind paying $15 more than what it would cost elsewhere if I knew that the book would get here soonish. As in, I pay more for the book and it takes a month to get here! I've ordered some books from abroad and not really had a long weight.

Tempting, tempting... urgh!

Mer

By Mark Timmony on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 01:26 am: Edit Post

Yeah - we are owned by Abbey's and the sites are linked. As soon as the data base is updated and it sees the title is a t Galaxy it will just default to Abbey's.

We send via Air Mail and standard Australia Post time is '7-10' working days.

By Timothy on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 08:59 pm: Edit Post

Well, I think I'm giving in. Ordering it from Amazon UK is only cheaper by a few dollars US, so I think I might go for it. I can pay slightly less for shipping since I'm in Taiwan right now.

Let's see, if it's shipped out today... I can expect it around November 3rd... the same time as everybody else! Yay!

Thanks Mark so much. I said that you referred me in the customer reference code section.

By Mary on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 10:42 pm: Edit Post

Do you think this could possibly mean that Amazon UK will have it in stock now AND will ship it early?

Here's hoping as I've already placed my order through them! (crossing fingers!)

By Leonie on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 10:46 pm: Edit Post

Woohoo! The book shop has just called - I am about to pick it up!

By Meredith Lee Gray on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 12:06 am: Edit Post

I got an e-mail from Mark that my book has shipped. *snoopy dance*

Mer

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 12:53 am: Edit Post

ZOMG Meredith - I live in Australia and mine hasn't "shipped" yet....*dreams of arriving home from work and finding it there...*oh joy*

By Mark Timmony on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 02:09 am: Edit Post

Lol! Laneth - if you are the same Laneth who sent me the cheque from Melbourne your book went today :-)

By Mark Timmony on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 02:10 am: Edit Post

Oh! And thanks Tim, your reference was noted :-)

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 03:36 am: Edit Post

Mark,

I'm the ONLY Laneth *evil grin*

And I take steps every now and then to ensure this is true *evil laugh now*

Thanks for letting me know too - I am so unbelievably excited!!!

By Clansman on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 09:20 am: Edit Post

Man, am I getting jealous! I'll check amazon.co.uk right after this post to see my status.

Laneth: a question. What is the origin of your screen name, the rather romantic-sounding Laneth Shadow-Walker? For that matter, I'll pose this question to all who use screen names.

The origin of mine is posted above in archive prior to Oct 17.

I'm not going to expect answers very quickly, what with others getting their copies of SF.

By Clansman on Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 09:25 am: Edit Post

HOOORAAAAAAY!

Amazon.co.uk is "preparing my order for dispatch", so I can't even cancel it now (not that I would).

They still say Nov. 12-14 for delivery, which is pretty slow when your paying 7 pounds (15 bucks, more or less) for delivery, but I have found with amazon in the past that they tend to overestimate delivery times. Bloody thieves.