Archive through October 30, 2007

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through October 30, 2007
   By BillBob on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 01:23 pm: Edit Post

I just ordered mine. The wife will probably kill me when it arrives as I already have way to many books that I have purchased recently. Delivery date to VA, USA is between the 6th and the 10th. Unfortunately, reading it is going to have to wait until after November as I am going to give NaNoWriMo another go this year.

By DarthJazy on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 02:58 pm: Edit Post

which place is cheaper amazon uk or the galaxy place in aussie?

By Clansman on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 03:19 pm: Edit Post

Anyone else notice how this topic goes to archive just about everyday right now?

I guess we're all just a little excited. Leonie's already posted a spoiler topic, having finished the book. I'll "un-tick" that topic for now to avoid "mistakes".

By Clansman on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 03:26 pm: Edit Post

Since we now know the status of SF, except for a North American edition, or a hardcover, might I be so bold as to suggest to the Tail Spinner and to the Gryphon that the time is upon us to start a "Status" topic under Arc IV?????

I know, I haven't even got SF yet.

SF can't get here soon enough.

Brain....cells.....dying.....starved.....too....much.....work. Must....have....Stormed.....Fortress.

By Hunter on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 04:27 pm: Edit Post

Got my copy yesterday from a local book shoppe here in eastern burbs of Melbourne.. yeah!!

By Annie on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 04:28 pm: Edit Post

At last, my copy's dispatched! Estimated arrival from tomorrow onwards. The Scottish post's been so unbelievably dire recently that that's not actually saying much, but I'm living in hope. I second Clansman; it really cannot get here soon enough.

Up and waiting for the mailman tomorrow, you bet! I feel my flatmates cringing in anticipation already.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 07:18 pm: Edit Post

When the spoiler topic archives every day, I'll know there are frizzled socks in orbit....a lot of em. :-)

I have been SO EXCITED about this series for so long...and this culminating volume for so long - it's be incredible and delightful to see the excitement building.

Hopefully there's buzz "out there" in other forums, too. :-)

By Mary on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 08:43 pm: Edit Post

I've also received notice that my copy has been dispatched! Estimated arrival November 5th (to the 14th)- to the West Coast of Canada.

Maybe it will come early and be here for the weekend?? One can hope?

Susan, such restraint! I'm almost finished GC and am going to jump to Traitor's Knot. However, the moment Stormed Fortress arrives, I'll be moving on to the new book!

By Blue on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 11:02 pm: Edit Post

Janny, you set out a chum line, ("This is going to blow your socks off!") and WE, the fans, are the Great White Sharks going into a Stormed Fortress feeding frenzy. ;^)

By David Nelson on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 04:45 am: Edit Post

Hello everyone, I'm a 1st timer, but have been reading all your comments for a year or two, so I'm fairly up to date.
Also, I wanted to let you all know that I got my copy of Stormed Fortress 3 days ago and have read it. It was too good to describe. Hope not too many of you are jealous, or green with envy or wishing me an unpleasant number of death's in a multitude of ways, seeing as some of you poor unfortunates have to wait a few more weeks yet for your copy. You should reside in Australia just prior to a JW release, we're definately spoilt rotten!
I've suffered as it is though...my feet are burnt beyond recognition, and I have no more socks! And I made a point to read bare footed after Janny's timely warning, but she got me.

By Joy on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 05:59 am: Edit Post

Just got mine today!! Delivered to work and presently in my bosses bottom drawer (the only way I could be sure I wouldn't book myself into a meeting room and spend the day reading!!) I'm just waiting for support staff to come and take over from me and then I'm off on a couple of days holiday for pure reading pleasure :-):-):-)

Thank you Janny!!!

By Walt on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 09:22 am: Edit Post

Tick tok tick tok... Somewhere between the England and Sacramento, my copy of SF is winging its way into my grubby little hands. Unfortunately, my wife was going over the credit card bill last night...

Chapter 1: The Discovery

Walt sleepily relaxed on the couch on that fatefull evening. His wife was going through her e-mails and setting up the month's budget at the computer next to her devoted husband. All is still and quiet. The TV, ignored across the room, babels something about seeking medical assistance if something lasts for more than four hours.

Emma the Abysimian Pricess paces into the room and calmly sprawls comfortably in the center of the rug as if in anticipation of a front row seat to eminate mahem and entertainment.

Her wait is not in vain.

*W*H*A*C*K*!*

Walt is suddenly seeing more stars than can be accounted for those peering through the living room window.

"Walter!" my wife's usually dulcet tones now changed into the hiss of whervyn. "What in the world did you order from Amazon that costs $40?"

"A book," Walt mumbles. Oh crap, he thinks.

"ONE BOOK???"

"But it's from Janny," I protest feabily.

"That [beauteous] pirate from Florida? One Book? It better be solid gold and the kids NEVER touch it! It better be bound in dragonhide!"

At this point, Walt had to wisely bite his tounge on the comment that it was actually a paperback book. As he made his bed on the couch, he reflected that discretion really is the better part of valor.

Besides, Janny's worth it!

By Dorothy on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 12:25 pm: Edit Post

My copy arrived today! Yippee!!! I have only had time to bestow loving possessive looks on the cover-the colours are wonderful and apt for the time of year here in the northern hemisphere. All I have to do now is get my chores out of the way, get my daughter off to bed and then ignore my husband for the rest of the evening.A curse upon ironing lol

By Maria Åborg on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 12:25 pm: Edit Post

My copy arrived today, two days early!
I have started reading, and will go on after a minimal break. Hope I´ll be able to leave it long enough to get some sleep!

Maria

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 02:11 pm: Edit Post

Hi David Nelson - welcome here! And thanks for the nice words, spinning the feeding frenzy! grin. So pleasing to hear, that the book had the impact for you that I'd planned.

And I'm laughing, too, at the scenarios described in delicious anticipation.

Please - help - by posting a review at Amazon, or wherever, if you are so inclined. Make you view known so that others might be inclined to try out the series - this is for the future - let's see if we can't move the decision to nix the hardbound...! Hit while the book's hot, it counts.

By alexith on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 03:33 pm: Edit Post

So, I just did something really stupid. In awaiting rather impatiently for my book to find its way across an ocean, I glanced at some of the spoiler topics. I read of one particular event that I did not want to see , how sad! :-(
Of course, it only makes me want to read this book even more. Unfortunately I am so behind in actual grad school homework that I will not be able to read the book anytime soon even if it appears on my doorstep tomorrow.

By Brad on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 03:35 pm: Edit Post

Wahoo!

Your Amazon.co.uk order has dispatched

Expected to get it on the 6th.

By Leonie on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 03:39 pm: Edit Post

Alexith wrote:
"So, I just did something really stupid. In awaiting rather impatiently for my book to find its way across an ocean, I glanced at some of the spoiler topics. I read of one particular event that I did not want to see , how sad! "

And here I thought I'd posted enough spoiler warnings........

Am looking forward to discussing things with some enthusiasm.

By alexith on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 05:03 pm: Edit Post

No, you definitely posted enough warnings. I was tempting fate on purpose. Patience is not a virtue that I possess in any quantity. I figured if I "glanced" at the spoilers it would help me wait out the book, I just happened to "glance" at the exact wrong spot.

By Brad on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 06:55 pm: Edit Post

I was thinking of doing the same thing, I was going to even make a post in the thread making a goof about people taunting me but withheld it. With any other series I probably wouldn't care but I can't have this book ruined for me. So excited!