Archive through November 02, 2007

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through November 02, 2007
   By Wayne on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 12:30 am: Edit Post

Mine dispatched today also.

Should get on the 6th.

Wayne

By Lisa on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 04:40 am: Edit Post

Just happened to walk past a little bookstore today (in a very small country town in Australia) and there's Stormed Fortress right in the front window practically jumping out at me! Only i have a major paper due tomorrow so i had to walk away...there's no way i'd have the self restraint to not read it once its in my hot little hands. Now its all i can think about and as you can tell by the fact that i'm posting here, i'm not getting much of my paper done!

By Derek Coventry on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 05:31 am: Edit Post

Visited my local shop yesterday; was away from home 10 minutes at most, yet on my return I find a card on my doormat saying a delivery was attempted that required a signature and will try again tomorrow. It's been a long 24 hours but Hooray! It's here. Will be putting up "Do not disturb" notices...

By dee on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 05:44 am: Edit Post

I have it! it looks good and smells good (love the smell of new books - is that pervy?) and I am working from home today.great when a plan comes together. he he.

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 02:32 pm: Edit Post

Alexith - welcome here - well, I did caution AGAINST peeping at early reviews and spoilers.

The good news - if you didn't read the whole thread, this book will still pack surprises aplenty.

It's just fun to see all the anticipation, knowing what's in those pages!

By Trys on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 02:47 pm: Edit Post

dee,

Yes it is 'pervy'... join the club. <g>

Trys

By Walt on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:16 am: Edit Post

Stormed Fortress has arrived in Sacramento, California!!!

And wouldn't you know it, now I want the entire set of British edition of covers that match SF... Auuurrrghhh! I've had my credit cards confiscated by my wife! A sad day here on the left-coast of the Americas.

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 03:45 pm: Edit Post

Um - get a new wife??? :-)

(cutting out NOW to make a run for it, quick!!!)

By Jeff on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 04:51 pm: Edit Post

I've just received my copy in Los Angeles.
It's four days ahead of schedule; perhaps because we have an international airport.

I wish I didn't have to leave for work now, but I'll quickly say that the book looks really good and it's nice the way the covers to the entire series (to date) are displayed on the inner covers of this volume.

Janny, has anything been added to the map of Athera for this volume? (Yes or no is fine to avoid spoilers.)
If not, I'll use the map in my copy of Traitor's Knot(U.S.) to keep from creasing the spine in Stormed Fortress.

I agree with Walt. The entire series in the same format would be nice. Maybe someday...

In any case the wait is almost over...
>>Should I call in sick? Nah, better not.<<

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 05:48 pm: Edit Post

Same map. No spoilers - maps and glossaries are always geared for the ending of the volume PRIOR, so nothing new is revealed, beyond general definitions.

And - you're most welcome!

By Maurice Peter Vialle on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 06:09 pm: Edit Post

Every edition of every WOLAS volume still works out WAY less expensive than a second wife!

By alexith on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 06:11 pm: Edit Post

Hurray! My book arrived today. I really love the cover. Much better than the American ones, except I'm used to seeing Arithon on the front. I have to wait a bit longer to read though b/c I have too much school work to do.

By Lisa on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 10:35 pm: Edit Post

i just got it!! Finished all my school work for the year...not working at all this weekend...and its a lovely rainy day...life is good.

By David Gardner on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 11:01 pm: Edit Post

I got my copy last week from Galaxy in Sydney. Very much enjoyed the book, although once again I fell victim to "Glossary Rage" when I realised that I was actually at the end of the book even though there were still pages. (this happens to me every time ;))

I thought that the trade paperback imprint was very high quality... the Voyager people did a great job of putting the book together too, the maps & arts were very clear and the binding & paper was good.

By Hellcat on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 04:58 am: Edit Post

I have just warned my boyfriend what happens when I get hold of a Janny book. He is now prepared for me ignoring him in favour of Arithon.

Hellcat

By Blue on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 04:26 pm: Edit Post

Let's hope he doesn't look at the covers for the US editions and get jealous, Hellcat! :-O

By Leonie on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 07:30 pm: Edit Post

Have just posted a (spoiler free) review at Amazon UK.

Time for a nice leisurely reread now, to detect anything I might have missed in the first one.

By Aphreal on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 09:15 pm: Edit Post

i ordered my copy of sf from my book club (sfs.co.uk)and its stating its a hardback copy, i thought there weren't going to be any hardbacks, any ideas anyone?

By Blue on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 10:48 pm: Edit Post

Well, Aphreal, it could be a special edition hardback just for your book club. I belonged to a couple of those in my time, and I got hardback copies of books in many instances where there were only trade paperbacks available to everyone ordering from online or stores.

By Mark Timmony on Friday, November 02, 2007 - 10:55 pm: Edit Post

Wow! You'll be very lucky if it is hardback - and I shall cry...