Archive through November 18, 2007

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Status: Archive through November 18, 2007
   By Trys on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 12:17 pm: Edit Post

I got my copies yesterday.

Nathan,

You can't order hardcovers from Amazon or Play.com. :-)

Trys

By Blue on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 03:46 pm: Edit Post

C O P I E S, Trys?

Trying to help Janny to the top of the bestseller list all by yourself, or just showing off your lotto win? ;^)

By Trys on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 04:11 pm: Edit Post

I've purchased a copy of Janny's last three novels for my sister. :-) But hey, nothing wrong with supporting one's favorite author, eh?

By Clansman on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 04:25 pm: Edit Post

I was thinking of buying two copies and sending one to DarthJazy after I got into so much hot water with Lyssabits over the World of Warfare business (which does not bear further mention).:-)

I changed my mind, though, because he keeps cheering for the bad guy. :-)

Sorry, DJ, but that's the way it is.:-):-):-):-):-):-)

By Clansman on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 04:26 pm: Edit Post

BTW, I am STILL waiting...

By Winter on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 05:09 pm: Edit Post

I am too, Clansman. I was gutted when I came home today and found no book and no notice that a package was waiting at the post office. Hopefully Canada Post will clear the backlog soon. I have come to realise that opening up your mailbox and finding nothing there (even flyers or junkmail) is actually a pretty depressing experience. I usually only check once or twice a week and always find something there.

By DarthJazy on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 06:01 pm: Edit Post

its ok clansman

I never get the love I'll get the love as soon as I am able but xmas is around the corner and got a kid he comes first. sorry I have not been able to help your sales Janny. I'm hoping the fans in tucson will have got it and sell it to bookmans here. Ive got all of em looking for me hehe.

By Melanie on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 09:12 pm: Edit Post

My copy of Stormed Fortress arrived four days ago! :D I am so very happy. :D

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 09:52 pm: Edit Post

A simply OH MY GODS!!! from my quarter!

My copy arrived a short while ago (days) and I'm just over half-way through.

Cannot even begin to explain how unprepared I am/was for this book...just WOW.

By Wayne on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 01:14 am: Edit Post

Nathan,

I did get my copy from Amazon but since Hardback looks to only through book club thought get that one also.

Yes, also usually copies for me . For friends, and US and UK editions for me. Few German. Russian Cycle of Fire. As for other thread about boxes all the titles I have for Janny would be 2 or 3 boxes. :-) I know it was 2 when moved 4 years ago...

By Clansman on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 01:18 pm: Edit Post

Winter!!! I got the notice from Canada Post this morning, and I now have my treasured volume of Stormed Fortress in my greedy hands.

It is beautiful. The cover is even more amazing than it was on my computer screen. I haven't even opened it yet. I am just savouring this wonderful moment!

Hmmmm. Nov. 7. Right when Amazon said it would arrive.

Cheers to all of the denizens within. You won't be hearing from me for a while!:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

By Blue on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 03:12 pm: Edit Post

Never said supporting one's favorite author was a PROBLEM, Trys. I was "accusing" you of showing off, is all. ;^)

By DarthJazy on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 03:54 pm: Edit Post

wheres my copys trys? :P

By Brad on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 08:53 pm: Edit Post

IT'S HERE!!!!

I'm on page 214 and all I can say is oh my god, I can't believe what happened! The only bad thing about the book becoming is that I have a paper to write tonight that I don't want to do so I can read more.

/sobs

By Sarah Jump on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 12:52 am: Edit Post

aaarrrggghhh
I have a test tomorrow, a paper to write and all I want to do is read my book!!!

I have even been good and stayed away from the spoilers

thats it I'm giving in

see ya'll

By Jonlid on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 02:37 am: Edit Post

Galaxy in Sydney were very efficient and my copy of SF was waiting for me after work on Wednesday.

I unpacked it, checked the inside covers, ignored the back cover (unless I am looking at a new series, sometimes too much is given away on the back cover), and sat the book on my desk.

Will my resolve to finish re reading the earlier books before diving in SF hold? I think it will but I may have to avoid this site and cancel emailed posts for the time being. The excitement alone here is sufficient to raise the temptation level and just the risk of inadvertant spoilers will need to be avoided.

By Winter on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 10:09 am: Edit Post

I got my notice on Wednesday too, Clansman. But it said the book wouldn't be ready for pick up until Thursday at 1pm. But of course I have an interview at 5:30 and a soccer game at 7:30 so I probably won't get the book until tomorrow. Argh. But then I need to run a bunch of different errands tomorrow so it's probably better I don't have the book keeping me chained to the house.

By Mustela on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 03:29 am: Edit Post

I'm so happy :-) I got my copy yesterday. But I couldn't read too much because I have lectures to attend... I thought about skipping school till I finish the book, but hunting down notes for the lectures isn't easy, most of the students don't attend lectures since it's not compulsory. And before exams they try to find someone who has notes, which is not easy. And I already promised my friends that they can borrow my notes. So, I can't skip school...

By Wendy Collett on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 03:53 am: Edit Post

I was holding off on buying SF until the paperback version came out, and had my copy on order at the library instead, but that looks to be at least a month off me getting it that way.

I'm still working my way through all beforehand (finishing WoVM tonight) in prep when I came across Ch1 online, which started me yip-yip-yipping in excitement! Darn, I'll just go check if it's at the local bookstore already..... it is!!! I'll just flick over to the start of Ch2... No, WAIT! Slam the book shut again, to prevent the temptation! What a shame it won't fit on my bookshelf with the other pbs in the series....

Oh, but wait! Stop procrastinating, Wendy, you have at least 3 others in this series in TB size, which you bought when you couldn't wait any more!!!

To which I had to agree with (which is a good thing to do when arguing with yourself, even if you look weird doing it in the shop), then, hugging 'my precious' CLOSED book close to my body - just in case I got attacked by a raving Janny fan who wanted to wrestle me for it - I ran to the checkout before I could change my mind(as if!), and also to catch the bus to come home from work (reality intrudes).

Now, I just have to restrain myself from peeking (both the book and the spoilers here) before I can finish the books before it. :-) :-) :-) LOL

By Dorothy on Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 11:07 am: Edit Post

I got my copy on 30 October and I still haven't finished it.Other things are getting in the way-boring but essential things like feeding my family and cats and going to work.Aaaaaagh! I have promised myself that after reading it in fits and starts I WILL make sure I read it in larger sections the next read through lol. My daughter has already been late for school twice (blush)