Archive through September 16, 2009

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 3: Alliance of Light: Stormed Fortress: Stormed fortress hard cover: Archive through September 16, 2009
   By Walt on Monday, September 14, 2009 - 10:27 am: Edit Post

Hmmmm... I wonder how much it would be to express dry-ice ship my locally famous italian chicken soup to entice a mind-boggling preview...

Of course, you couldn't let Don have any in front of the keyboard...

By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 01:18 pm: Edit Post

A snippet would be wonderful!

Also, not to start us on the hardcover thing again, but I own a hardback copy of stormed fortress that I purchased in Iowa. I got it from a bookstore here. It has a painting of Arithon on the cover and is normal sized for a hardback. Is this the british book club edition?

In which case, I feel even luckier for having purchased it when I did.

Hope you're feel 100% again, Janny. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 04:56 pm: Edit Post

Kirsten:

There was NEVER a copy of Stormed Fortress issued with Arithon on the cover, in ANY format...are you quite Quite certain you are not referring to Traitor's Knot?

If you DO have a hardback of Stormed Fortress with Arithon on the cover, purchased in Iowa, I'd appreciate knowing what it looks like, WHO PUBLISHED IT, where the book seller got it - and what the text looks like inside - because it would be inside and out a pirated edition, past any question, outright robbery of my rights, and my publisher's contracted terms.

By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 07:42 pm: Edit Post

All is well, Janny.

I was at work when I made my last post. When I got home I looked at the copies of your books that I own. I got the covers mixed up in my head. The version of Stormed Fortress I have is the british book club edition. It was another hardback that I was thinking of that I did buy here.

Sorry for the confusion. Teaches me to wait until I'm certain before I write anything on here.

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 12:46 am: Edit Post

Blast! Worries of copyright and contract infringement will have banished the looming snippet to the back of the Talespinner's thoughts....and all that cajoling, coaxing and just plain groveling will have to be repeated.... ;-)

*Is at once happy that there's no piracy found, and tired at the prospect of returning to Snippet Square One...*

'Tis truly a labor of love, this excerpt extraction....