Archive through October 06, 2006

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Other books and Short Stories: The Sundering Star: Archive through October 06, 2006
   By Janny Wurts on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 09:15 pm: Edit Post

Loud Yell of Delight!!!! :-)

A new short story will appear in our very own Jana Paniccia's (aka Sandtiger) and Julie Czerneda's anthology, forthcoming from DAW, Under Cover of Darkness!

And - before you Athera fans ask - the answer's YES, but with an authorial smirk and a wink - it's sorta second cousin to the back history you know and speculate over.

Guaranteed, it's an area you've asked after, often, the the wild fun of it is, you are in for a charged set of surprises!!

Soon as Jana has a release month for us, we can all start counting down for 07!

Off now to celebrate officially with a beer! :-)

And you all can have fun guessing!

By Sandtiger on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 09:53 pm: Edit Post

::Cheers::

I must say when I joined this chat sometime around 1997-98, I never would have guessed where time was to take me.

From being a great fan of Janny's to becoming her Editor on this particular project.

::Grin::

It was both a great pleasure and a great joy to be able to read and buy such a fabulous story for our anthology. That it was Janny's? Just added even more to the thrill.

This story is amazing. To say it came as a surprise would be an understatement. It's definitely something special. I am certain you folks will love it as much as I do.

(Aside: Okay - yes - and there is something especially thrilling about having one of Janny's stories that is *mine*. In an editorially possessive sort of way, that is.).

Thank you again, Janny. You are brilliant.

In terms of a release date for Under Cover of Darkness - as soon as *I* know - you will all know. I promise.

Jana Paniccia
(In her capacity as one of the editors of Under Cover of Darkness, DAW Books)

By Mark Timmony on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 08:34 pm: Edit Post

This is soooooooo exciting!

Jana I want ISBN's and release dates asoon as possible so I can put it in the data base at Galaxy Books (Sydney) and start generating orders!

Mark :-)

By Sandtiger on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 09:03 pm: Edit Post

Mark, that would be fabulous. Thanks for the interest.

As soon as I have more details, I'll post them.

Within the next few weeks, we'll be able to post a list of contributors.

As to ISBN's, etc. that will take a bit longer. But rest assured, I'll give them to you as soon as I have them.

And because I haven't mentioned it yet - the theme of Under Cover of Darkness is secret societies - and it is a combined Fantasy and Science Fiction anthology.

Jana

By Stefan Urlus on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 09:53 pm: Edit Post

Excellent news all round .... bring it on I say

By susan stevens on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 08:55 am: Edit Post

fabulous to see so many fellow aussies loving jannys work, what say we collectively plead for a visit down under sometime...notice how collectively plead and plant the seed almost rhyme, theres definately a certain poetry to it...

xxxsusan...smirking in innocence

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 09:16 pm: Edit Post

I'd come down under again in a heartbeat.
You fans are a wonderful crew!

By Hunter on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 10:30 pm: Edit Post

We need to keep pinging Harper Collins Australia who would be funding/hosting Janny's trip to Australia..

By susan stevens on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 12:34 am: Edit Post

Hello Janny,
It would be an unparalleled honour to meet you. I missed out on virgil and shakespeare. Besides, they didn't handle language with the same wild abandon as a certain author who has won my heart......

Hunter,sorry
once again i am at odds with the terminology. pinging?? how does one ping. It sounds suspiciously like something i used to do to my sister when she was particularly irritating. (lucky for her i grew out of that stage, now just a death stare is all i need to keep her in line.) seriously hunter, what is required to further our cause....susan

By Hunter on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 08:04 am: Edit Post

"Pinging" means contacting via any and all means possible.. i.e. basically getting in touch with Harper Collins - who are Janny's Australian publishers - and let them know how many people want Janny to come down under. In addition, anyone who is part of the various Cons in Australia can help by making Janny one of the GoH at the Con.. when Janny came in 1998 (was it really that long ago?) she was a guest at Swancon in Perth and did a book signing tour as part of that.. Publishers schedule these things well in advance.

At the end of the day, the publisher will sponsor the trip to sell more books and advertize their author.. so a trip for the release of SF might be a good time :-)

By Trys on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 12:08 pm: Edit Post

I suspect 'ping' comes from an internet term where you send so many packets of information of a certain size to a server and it respondes.

I also suspect that it may have derived from the act of pinging with sonar. Submarines can send out one 'wave' of sonar to get back a single 'ping'.

Trys

By Auna on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 01:47 pm: Edit Post

Give me one ping only ... (Hunt for Red October)

Ping (sonar) - send a pulse of sonar out and see how long it takes to get reflected back (measurement of distance to target)

Ping (internet) - ping is a valid windows command you can use to determine how 'far' the route is to that server from your computer.

By Trys on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 03:07 pm: Edit Post

Hmmm, not really 'how far' to the route, but how long it takes for info to get there, the server to respond, and the reply to get pack. There is also a utility that can be used to have each 'node' along the way reported so you can see the route to the destinationo server. The ping program usually sends five packets of info and you see the time for each and the average, i.e.:

Pinging paravia.com [68.178.129.180] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 68.178.129.180: bytes=32 time=70ms TTL=49
Reply from 68.178.129.180: bytes=32 time=73ms TTL=49
Reply from 68.178.129.180: bytes=32 time=72ms TTL=49
Reply from 68.178.129.180: bytes=32 time=72ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 68.178.129.180: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 70ms, Maximum = 73ms, Average = 71ms

Now if that's more than most of you wanted to know.

Trys

By Hunter on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 06:00 pm: Edit Post

If you were seriously geeky you would also explain what TTL was, why IPs have four numbers with dots in them (and how this differs from IPv6) and why and how paravia.com has the number 68.178.129.180 associated with it... :-)

The Windows Ping only sends four pings.. on a real operating system like Unix, pinging keeps going until you stop the command.. so "pinging" HC is also about continuing to harangue them until they decide to bring Janny out.. :-)

Auna - one ping only Vasily, for old time's sake.. :-)

By susan stevens on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 10:55 pm: Edit Post

Hi all,
just a quick update on our quest for 'a visit down under' i have emailed the publicity officer at HC to suggest they host janny for the SF release. As expected they politely answered "no plans to do so at present. The lady who responded was samantha rich. Do any of you happen to have the HC managing directors name, or any authoritive person i might be able to email with a similar request...my first email was addressed to feedback@harpercollins.com.au it might not have ascended the ladder far enough to be heard...xxxsusan...
p.s my requests always represent my views as an individual and do not infer any voice other than my own. are you all comfortable with me doing this.

By Janny Wurts on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 09:40 am: Edit Post

The way I came to Australia before - Swancon was the instigator. HarperCollins chose to pick up the book tour afterwards.

Politely, if HarperCollins has provided you with a feedback e mail, that IS the correct address to use. The job of the person monitoring and responding to that venue would be the one to take notes and report higher up in the chain of command.

The fact they've created such an address, and somebody's answering, does indicate that they both listen, and care.

By Mark Timmony on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 06:20 pm: Edit Post

Sam is in charge of publicity and author signings for HC Voyager in Oz.

If anyone would know (and have imput), she would. In any case it's unlikely that HC would invest in a tour before Janny's next book came out... in which case it would most likely be a joint effort with Voyager UK.

By susan stevens on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 07:46 am: Edit Post

Thankyou Janny, Thankyou Mark.

Alas, i feel like the proverbial bull in the china shop. Forgive my exuberance and my ignorance. I will take a deep breath and let the grey matter kick in before i open my mouth again...That's a promise...

xxxsusan

By Trys on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 09:14 am: Edit Post

susan,

Your exuberance is most appreciated. Please do not put it under lock and key. :-)

Trys

By Hunter on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 09:29 am: Edit Post

Mark - authors tour when they have a book to sell.. so timing it when Stormed Fortress is on the streets is a perfect time to do so.

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 10:10 am: Edit Post

susan - here's a pat on the back, my comment was never meant to seem like it slapped you down.

As I understand, in the publisher's view, the decision to tour an author from the other side of the globe must realistically - pay for itself - in book sales. You fans want to meet an author and party; the publisher expects to substantially expand its market share. Attracting new readers is Their Point.

Whether this is a feasible venture in your current market - ??? - the impetus of those new readers is key.

By Sandtiger on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 02:55 pm: Edit Post

Julie Czerneda and I sent off the manuscript for UNDER COVER OF DARKNESS today...

Wooohooo!!! What an exilerating/joy-filled/scary/nervous moment! My first anthology out the door. It's one of those moments you think you can anticipate, and then realise that - nope - not even close.

::Big Grin::

In celebration, I thought I'd post the Table of Contents ...

So - Coming Soon in UNDER COVER OF DARKNESS, edited by Julie E. Czerneda and Jana Paniccia (DAW, date to be announced later)

Introduction by Julie E. Czerneda and Jana Paniccia

"The Scoria" by Doranna Durgin

"The Gatherersí Guild" by Larry Niven

"Kyriís Gauntlet" by Darwin A. Garrison

"Falling Like the Gentle Rain" by Nick Pollotta

"The Things Everyone Knows" by Tanya Huff

"The Invisible Order" by Paul Crilley

"Borrowed Time" by Stephen Kotowych

"Shadow of the Scimitar" by Janet Deaver-Pack

"The Good Samaritan" by Amanda Bloss Maloney

"Seeking the Master" by Esther M. Friesner

"When I Look to the Sky" by Russell Davis

"The Sundering Star" by Janny Wurts

"The Exileís Path" by Jihane Noskateb

"The Dancer at the Red Door" by Douglas Smith

We should have a publication date shortly - when we do, I'll be glad to post it!

Jana

By Trys on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 04:51 pm: Edit Post

YAY Jana!!!! Congratulations!

Trys

By Hunter on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 05:17 pm: Edit Post

Congratulations Jana!

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 05:33 pm: Edit Post

Ah, we get to say, "We knew her when!!!"

And this is the first chance I've had to see the dazzling line up.

Oh boy!

Congrats, Jana, and may this be the first of many!

By Sandtiger on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 08:37 pm: Edit Post

Thank you for being a part of it Janny.

And thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement.

Jana

By Trys on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 05:19 am: Edit Post

At the risk of getting resoundingly thwapped:

So, Jana, when can we have it? Huh? Huh? When? When? <bbbbbg>

Trys

By Hunter on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 06:31 am: Edit Post

Surely we also need to get personally autographed editions!

By Sandtiger on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 06:41 am: Edit Post

Trys,

::Thwap:: (Oooh. That was fun!)

Now that it's in, we should find out the pub date pretty soon. Once I know - so will you. I promise.

Jana

(Who will have to work on Hunter's Request...)

By Hunter on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 04:03 am: Edit Post

Jana - you could get some book plates made up and sign those for distribution..

Or you could launch the book in Melbourne and sign it there.. :-)

By Sandtiger on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 07:58 am: Edit Post

Hunter,

I do plan on being in Australia sometime in the next two years - likely Summer of 2007.

Granted, I'd be in the little town of Barraba, near Tamworth because I'd be visiting my host family. (I was a Rotary exchange student back in 1998-97).

Maybe there'd be a chance to meet halfway...

Bookplates are a good idea though - and one I wouldn't have thought of!

Jana

By Mark Timmony on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 07:59 pm: Edit Post

Well Sydney is much closer to Tamworth than Melbourne is.

You're going to have to pop into Galaxy to say hello! :-)

By Hunter on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 11:07 pm: Edit Post

Jana,

Be sure to let us know! A book signing at Galaxy in Sydney might be a good option for publicity and further book sales.

Did you get your cowboy hat out and enjoy the yee-hah country music in Tamworth?

Hunter.

By Rebecca Harris on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 12:14 am: Edit Post

Oh.....

It's not fair (whine) no-one thinks about we poor souls on the other side of Australia! Janny would be much better coming to Western Australia!

Bec

By Hunter on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 04:07 am: Edit Post

You got a Super 14 side, be happy.. :-)

Hunter from Melbourne.

By Rebecca Harris on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 09:01 am: Edit Post

Hmpff!! :-)

By Hunter on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 06:11 pm: Edit Post

Go Brumbies..

By Bec on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 10:18 am: Edit Post

Ok, Ok. I have to admit that I have no interest whatsoever in any sport that involves a foot and a ball - be it Aussie Rules, Rugby or Soccer. If I had to choose then "GO THE GLORY" (soccer), or I suppose "GO DOCKERS" seeing as they are so hopeless and need all the help they can get! But Rugby doesn't get much publicity in WA so not even sure what the state team is called - can you fill me in Hunter? Always like to extend my general knowledge!!

Bec

By Trys on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 10:20 am: Edit Post

Just a gentle reminder that we're wandering off topic. :-)

By Bec on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 10:21 am: Edit Post

Sorry! :-(

By Bec on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 10:27 am: Edit Post

Actually I do have a question :-) - on topic too! Does anyone know if we will see The Sundering Star in Australia. I have tried to find the other most recent anthology that Janny has a story in (sorry the name alludes me at the moment), but my local bookshops never carry that sort of thing (only reprints of Lord of the Rings - which is OK but I don't need an illustrated copy). I have tried to find it at our most common online stores but drew a blank there too. Any help would be appreciated.

Ta Bec

By Bec on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 10:32 am: Edit Post

Oh dear, have just realised that the new book is to be called "Under Cover of Darkness" - I should have checked before just looking at the topic heading. I think I might just disappear never to return.....

By Trys on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 02:11 pm: Edit Post

Bec,

Don't you dare disappear. ;)

If you can't find it in your bookstores can they order it for you? If not, there's always Amazon.com.

Trys

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 03:40 pm: Edit Post

Bec - welcome here. There are two anthologies with a story that is Athera related: one is out in hardbound and paperback, from Baen Books, edited by Bill Fawcett, titled Fantasy Masters (or Masters of Fantasy, can't check which at the moment, we're torn up tiling the living room and the shelf with it is BURIED). This can be ordered through Amazon.com or I am sure that certain interested specialty bookshops can import it for you and mail it. It is distributed to Commonwealth countries, but it had no publication beyond Baen's US edition.

The other is forthcoming, Jana Paniccia's and Julie Czerneda's anthology, Under Cover of Darkness, to come from Daw Books. You may need to go the same route for that one, but I don't know - Jana?

The stories are titled
Child of Prophecy and
The Sundering Star, respectively.

By Hunter on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 07:46 pm: Edit Post

Hi Bec,

On topic:
Is it available here in the Land of Oz, but is a hard cover import so is probably not on the shelves as such.

Galaxy Bookshop has it listed - HC is http://www.galaxybooks.com.au/items.asp?id=274298 and pb http://www.galaxybooks.com.au/items.asp?id=339871

(Free plug Mark!) so you can get it from there. I suspect, if nowhere else, Under Cover of Darkness will also find it's way to Galaxy shelves and out to people's homes..

Off topic:
Western Force - they play the Brumbies at Subiaco Oval tonight..

Hunter..

By Sandtiger on Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 08:45 pm: Edit Post

Hi Bec,

I don't believe there is general distribution in Australia, though I am sure some bookstores could special order it. Galaxy was my first thought as well.

Amazon.com is also a good option. Or Amazon-uk. (Check the prices to see which is best for you.)

When in doubt, there is a great Canadian Bookstore that would always do a special order for you. It's called Bakka - www.bakkaphoenixbooks.com, and you'd just need to email them prior to the book coming out.

And if all else fails, let me know, and we'll work something out. :-)

Jana

By Mark Timmony on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 02:47 am: Edit Post

Galaxy Bookshop carries every single title that DAW puts out. We will definitely be carrying this one!

Thanks for the plug Hunter! :-)

And Masters of Fantasy is in the store in PB format.

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 11:53 am: Edit Post

Yay for Galaxy Bookshop and Mark!

For those who have read Child of Prophecy, in Masters of Fantasy - it has its own topic - feel free to speculate!

Some of the "facts" disclosed there tie into TK, and - you will get a "forerun" on some things that will out and develop in Stormed Fortress...

These little stories are NOT necessary to comprehension of the whole series - but - they are "bridges" in that, they will shed light on issues and deepen understanding of the series as a whole.

There have been three written - one published, one to come, and one not yet: but at DragonCon, those who attended the reading got to share that one!

DFWcon's reading is yet to come....what sort of surprises will the Dallas fans get??? Buy a plane ticket and see... :-)

By Hunter on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 04:48 am: Edit Post

Hi Mark,

No worries.. I'll look forward to that complimentary copy of Under Cover of Darkness you'll send my way.. :-):-):-)

Hunter

By Theresa on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 09:48 pm: Edit Post

*delurks*

Janny--

DFWCon: SO looking forward to that...SO going to be there. :-)

*relurks*

By Bec on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 12:01 am: Edit Post

Thanks Hunter and Mark. I have seen mention of Galaxy here before - just a bit slow catching on I suppose. I will definitely get a copy of both books (not straight away for Under Cover of Darkness of course!!!!). I don't usually buy anthologies - short stories are not really my "thing" but any background on Athera is great.

**Actually - currently looking for the Cycle of Fire series. These were the first books by Janny I read but we had a house fire in 2000 and I have been slowly trying to replace my precious books since then. The Cycle of Fire series must have been reprinted some time recently?? Unfortunately I can only seem to find the "Storm Warden" at the moment, any ideas if the other 2 books will be/are available? Also would love to get my hands on another copy of "Sorcerer's legacy". I scour second-hand books shops constantly - but only have one locally and reasonable quality books are hard to get (they must be readable!!). I live in the hope of seeing it reprinted** - I suppose I should have put this paragraph in a different thread?

Bec

P.S. the Western Force - what a laugh! - Pathetic (sorry Trys!)

By Janny Wurts on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 09:52 am: Edit Post

THERESA SIGHTING!!! The mystical lurker, decloaked...I can't wait to see you, too.

Bec - Cycle of Fire series is currently op in the HarperCollins UK edition. However, HarperCollins USA has a very nice trade paperback omnibus - all 3 titles under one cover, titled Cycle of Fire. Perhaps Mark at Galaxy can import you one...?

There's been a whisper in the wings about -maybe- a new edition of Sorcerer's Legacy, but it's far too soon to relate any details as to how it might happen.

By Bec on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 09:55 pm: Edit Post

Thanks Janny

Have seen the omnibus version advertised on the Dymocks online site (Australian bookshop) but when I ordered it (with To Ride Hell's Chasm) I got notified that it was no longer available - not even able to be back ordered. When I check Dymocks the next week it had been taken off their site - so don't know what was going on there.

I am crossing my fingers for "Sorcerer's Legacy"!!

By Hunter on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 10:22 pm: Edit Post

Who may be doing the cover for a potential new edition of Sorceror's Legacy?

By Mark Timmony on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 01:06 am: Edit Post

Janny the US Cycle of Fire omnibus is listed as PERMANENTLY OUT OF STOCK with our supplier - basically that's just a step before Out-Of-Print. :-(

Unfortunately Bec you'll have to see if you can find it second hand. And also check if you can get the UK version of Sorcerer's legacy with the Geoff Taylor artwork (second hand) I understand that the text in this version is 'the author's preferred' edition. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 - 10:30 am: Edit Post

Mark - Thanks for the heads up, on that title's stock being down. I'll look into it.

By Sandtiger on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 09:24 pm: Edit Post

Taking a moment to proudly announce that Under Cover of Darkness now has a publication date.

Yes Indeed, in February 2007, you will see my first anthology on shelves at a bookstore near you - containing Janny's fabulous story, "The Sundering Star"

Yes, there was much jumping in excitement at this news. It's amazing how much more real it is with an actual Shelf Date!

Jana

By Trys on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 04:10 am: Edit Post

Congratulations Jana!!!

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 09:46 am: Edit Post

Hi Jana - my applause. I posted your pub date on my Amazon Blog, and you are welcome to duck in there and post a plug if you want. (good idea)
Start the buzz early never hurts.

And now I get to chortle privately about what's IN this story....which will knock some socks flying. That was the intent, anyhow...

By Sandtiger on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 09:32 pm: Edit Post

Oh - NO DOUBT it will!!!

And - yes, that is an ::evil grin:: - for those wondering. :-)

Jana

By skeoke on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 02:44 pm: Edit Post

re: "The Sundering Star"

Has the setting/timeframe for this story been leaked? I think I missed it. As a Janny story, of course I am on pins and needles. Is it WoLaS, which bit of WoLaS - then I can be breathless with anticipation!

(and why not? I'm already not breathing waiting for SF! Jieret's vision will give me no peace! though I fear/hope I will have no peace for 2 1/2 more arcs. ;) ).

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:36 pm: Edit Post

Skeoke - the story predates the Wars of Light and Shadow - though related, you betcha.

By Hunter on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 09:44 am: Edit Post

I guess a post-WoLaS short story might give away a few too many things..

By skeoke on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 09:23 am: Edit Post

thanks, Janny.

good point, Hunter. I *suppose* I wouldn't want that.

Now I get to "oh boy, oh boy, oh boy" 'til February. My hubby'll be so pleased! ;)

By Hunter on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 09:48 pm: Edit Post

I would want it but I don't like the chances of Janny producing one right now! :-)

By max on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 01:50 am: Edit Post

almost one year off is way too soon to chortle and threaten to knock our socks off, Janny. someone is sure to attempt bribery of the typesetters. [or do they even do typesetting anymore?] grinning at ya.....

By Trys on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 08:19 am: Edit Post

Max,

Most printing today is done by plate or cylinder rather than by type setting. Plates and cylinders are engraved, most often, by computer controlled machines, either from film or directly from a computer layout of the item (book, magazine, etc.) to be produced.

Trys

By max on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 04:24 am: Edit Post

Trys... Soooooo, who is it we bribe??? [grinning at ya]

By Trys on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 10:53 am: Edit Post

max,

Ya got me. I don't know who the publisher uses to print their books... however, it's too soon for that anyways, Janny is still a-writing. ;)

Trys

By Sandtiger on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 11:08 am: Edit Post

The Cover for Under Cover of Darkness is now up on Amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Cover-Darkness-Julie-Czerneda/dp/0756404045/sr=8-3/r ef=pd_bbs_3/104-1179010-7011116?ie=UTF8&s=books

Jana

By Blue on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 11:28 am: Edit Post

Cool! This comes out the same day my friend's first novel is due to be released.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0425214400/ref=ord_cart_shr/102-43 98491-0156168?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

By Laneth Shadow-Walker on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 11:44 pm: Edit Post

Jumping back to getting Janny "down under", I would be all for that!

It would be the most awesome thing in the world to meet Janny! I've been following the WoLaS series, (and all others), since around 98, and just missed Janny when she was last here.

I was in a bookstore in Melbourne and saw a *just* out-of-date poster saying she was having a booksigning....Boy did I wail in pain for the fact I missed her by just over a week.

I got a free bookmark but it was never even close to consolation...I bought her book elsewhere in a fit of sadness...they didn't tell me she was coming!

I would kil...uh...jump for joy if Janny was to come over to Aus...

*sweeps off his transfer lattice and offers this as a means to transfer* *grin*

By Janny Wurts on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 12:53 pm: Edit Post

I'd jump on another trip to Australia - the last was way too cool and way too fun!!!

Note: those who are foaming at the mouth to get ahold of Stormed Fortress - if you want the nifty insider's insight - pounce on this anthology....the material in this story "connects" to some stuff in the book - you who are timid won't need it - but the bold will appreciate the sidelight nuance.

I can't HELP it that all the material on this world ties together...I can't keep this stuff from compounding itself, if I pounded it down with a hammer.....grin.

It's JANA'S FAULT!!!!!! She asked for a story, and I wanted to play with the inside joke and surprise her silly - - (whoop, dodge and run....she's probably stuffed full of Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner by the time she tears free of her baseball couch and finds me out...)

By Sandtiger on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 03:13 pm: Edit Post

I saw that!!!!

Considering it resulted in a fantastic story that knocked my socks off (and will do the same for others, no doubt)- I'll gladly take the blame. It's an honour to, in fact.

I can't WAIT to see what people think.

Jana

By Auna on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 03:18 pm: Edit Post

Send it to me now and you won't have to wait ;)

I'm sure it will be excellent, just like the last one. I will definitely snag the anthology!

By Trys on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 03:55 pm: Edit Post

I thought you might like to see the cover of the book:

Under Cover of Darkness

By Sandtiger on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 08:09 pm: Edit Post

Nicely done Trys - Thanks for posting it!

Jana

By Wayne on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 08:46 pm: Edit Post

Yes,

Everyone should enjoy it very much. :-)