How I discovered Sci-fi/Fantasy

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Miscellaneous: How I discovered Sci-fi/Fantasy

By Auna on Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 05:21 pm: Edit Post

I saw a new Xanth book out 'Airs Apparent' I believe is the title. (well new to me who just recenly emerged back into real life, hehe)

I love Piers Anthony's Xanth books too. I actually got into SciFi before fantasy.

Arthur C. Clarke and Isaac Asimov were the two I started with. I don't remember what fantasy was my first.

By DarthJazy on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 10:25 am: Edit Post

Auna will you marry to find a female that loves xanth hehe. that may be just the fact im newly single as well

By DarthJazy on Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 10:28 am: Edit Post

Just too let all know the source of my wierdness.

My love for sci fi and fantasy comes from the fact i saw the first star wars when my mom was 9 months pregnant with me it warped me.

Who saw the SCREAM awards last night

By Beldarius on Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 04:32 pm: Edit Post

I learned about fantasy literature when I was 12 years old (in 2000) - I was in a bookstore and got my hands on "The Seeress of Kell", the final book of David Eddings' Malloreon quintet.

Since then fantasy literature has been my favorite genre - I think I've read over 300 fantasy books in these past 10 years.

Dave is my favorite author - I find his stories amazing despite the self-plagiarism (besides, his dry and snarky humor is simply perfect)... and well, he was the one that introduced me to fantasy in the first place. It's really too bad he has passed away - he seemed to be a nice and funny man in real life.

By Katrina on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 06:39 pm: Edit Post

My first introduction to sci-fi occurred at the age of three, watching Star Trek on my father's lap. It is one of my first memories, actually.

Though, I thank Janny Wurts for the first, crucial step into reading science fiction. When I was 10 years old, my uncle loand me three worn, dog-earred books with the words, "This genre is long overdue for you, young reader." Those three books comprised the Cycle of Fire.

A week of sleepless nights ensued before I reluctantly returned the books to my uncle, read from cover to cover. He then loaned me, "That Way Lies Camelot". I can never thank him enough.

Nor can I understate my gratitude to Janny Wurts for the wonder inspired by those books and the books that followed.

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 08:25 pm: Edit Post

Wow, Katrina, what an uplifting post! Thank you and welcome here!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: