Janny Wurts Posters and Prints!!!

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Miscellaneous: Janny Wurts Posters and Prints!!!

By Laura Miller on Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 02:36 pm: Edit Post

Hi,

I've been a lurker in the news sections here for the longest time, and have finally decided to come out into the open (I've been following the books for over a decade, ever since I was in junior high). I'm over the moon about Stormed Fortress coming out soon (already ordered my copy!), and I can't begin to express my pleasure at hearing that there will be prints soon (or already?). Hooray!

Following what Lee Ball said, I'd love to see Exile Returned in a print. But my favorite picture of them all is Grand Conspiracy. Any news on how soon these should be available (and how to order them)?

Thanks so much for making these available!

By Janny Wurts on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 09:43 am: Edit Post

News - we are working on price points...

Plan is to have 3 sizes available, one very inexpensive (and a bit small) one medium sized, and one large (up to the original size of the painting).

There will be two types of paper - a poster version (using basically photographic paper) and an acid free fine art paper (this one takes more ink). Colors would be corrected to the original in either case - but the more archival version on the better paper would come signed.

Then we have to figure a postage and handling fee to pack it, for both domestic and foreign.

I'm looking at a price range between $30.00 US for the smallest poster version on photo paper, up to $110.00 US for the full sized, deluxe signed art print version (which, to give you an idea, would measure 23 and 1/2 high by 36 inches, in the case of Grand Conspiracy, which is the original size of the oil painting).

Then the bit cost for packaging and shipping, and postal run etc....

We are using are epson K3 inks, very light fast and high quality (they guarantee it for 80 years).

The better paper determines the quality.

This is what we are discussing - you are welcome to input feedback. It's a fine line, making the prints available, and doing them to the point where the "sidebar" becomes a business that runs your life and eats into your original creative time.

We will make the map available too, probably at a lesser cost, as the black and white makes for lest cost to us, up front. I may design a "parchment version" that looks like it's on an ancient paper - and that one would cost more.

Just thoughts....we have been "testing" the colors, getting acquainted with the software, and generally learning how to run the printer, which is no small bit of learning curve! Then Don had several museum openings and posters/prints to stock their gift shops, so those projects had to be run first.

Now we are poised to continue with the rest of it. Each print takes quite a bit of tinkering to make the color balance accurate.

By HJ on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 03:43 pm: Edit Post

Janny, can you give an estimated price for the medium-sized print please?

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 07:21 pm: Edit Post

We're mulling over 30-60-90 for the poster....add twenty to get the fine art paper and signature (50-80-110)

This is tentative.

By Kam on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 11:35 am: Edit Post

Will this ship to Australia? T_T

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, July 12, 2007 - 03:10 pm: Edit Post

yup. Just have to figure in the appropriate postage.

By Janko S. on Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - 06:10 pm: Edit Post

I'm trying to order prints available in the collector's corner but I get no reply from the JAM works email. Could someone please tell me if that email is still valid and if prints are still available?

By Trys on Wednesday, August 01, 2007 - 10:54 am: Edit Post

Ack, Janko... sorry JAMWorks is no longer handling Don and Janny's prints. I missed removing that link. My apologies.

By Janko S. on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 03:37 am: Edit Post

That's alright. I'll start saving for the new signed versions so I can get them all when they become available ;)

By HJ on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 12:40 pm: Edit Post

Hello, haven't checked the site for a while. Love the latest sneak peak, thank you Janny. Could you tell me if there's any news on the posters please, Janny? I'm still dreaming of a copy of the cover of Grand Conspiracy.

Cheers x HJ

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 04:04 pm: Edit Post

HJ - e mail me with the size you want - give me a clue on the quality (art paper or just photographic poster paper) - I'll give you a price.

I can make a print up to the size of the original painting - 23 1/2 by 36 inches.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: