BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES.

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Miscellaneous: BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES.

By Laurence J Johnson on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 02:50 pm: Edit Post

Hello one and all, I'm now having to endure blizzard conditions and yes, the thermals are in use! Cheers from Laurence,

By Janny Wurts on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 03:08 pm: Edit Post

Hi Laurence - books make blizzards a delight. Hope you have a few good ones stacked up. Stay warm.

By Laurence J Johnson on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 04:34 pm: Edit Post

Hello Janny, I do have a few books to read and I'm doing my best to stay warm, thanks.

While we are on the subject of entertainment;I recently bought the entire Sherlock Holmes series on DVD., this is the series which stars Jeremy Brett as Holmes.

Obviously, I enjoy period dramas but I also enjoy seeing the sets which are created for those shows and in general they make a very good job of them.

Having said that, they often make mistakes with the oil lamps which they use on the sets.

I and other collectors all over the world notice this fact, for instance, in this Sherlock Holmes series, there were several lamps from the 1960s being used on a Victorian set!

Best regards from Laurence.

By Janny Wurts on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 05:11 pm: Edit Post

The List of Research Bloopers in TV and movies - argh! That is a bursting big can of worms to be opening, I should think, given the collective intelligence on this chat.

The one that bugged my eyes, recently (who else caught it?) In a new fantasy TV series, aired just one week apart, someone bright hired the same actor for two supporting roles that bore no relationship, whatsoever. Made the show's hero look dumber than rocks, speaking to the same face, with a different name, and pretending it was somebody else for sake of the script. Sigh. Comedy time.

By Laurence J Johnson on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 12:38 pm: Edit Post

Hello Janny, I wonder how many other blunders will happen on that show.

I recall a massive blunder on a British detective show, the detective boarded a plane in England.

He was travelling to the island of Jersey; the plane which was shown taking off and the plane which was shown landing were two different aeroplanes!

Another blunder and there were several of this type in this show which was set during the Napoleonic wars, (1803-1815).

The set was the interior of a French farmhouse and there was a Paraffin (Kerosene) table lamp burning, paraffin was not discovered until the 1840s.

I have pasted two links which may be of interest, cheers from Laurence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Young

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_Wars

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: