Hardback!!!!!

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Hardback!!!!!

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 06:51 am: Edit Post

Now that's a Christmas present, indeed (and happy to be back; I remembered that the release would coincide, but didn't make the leap on having the same editions...)

Even if we do have to wait for it. Speaking of which, it's about time we renewed the ancient and venerable tradition of Snippet Caroling...

Deck the halls with boughs of iyats, fa la la la la, la la, la, la
In full voice like yowling ca-ats, fa la la la la, la la, la, la
Gay apparel we now will zip it, fa la la, la la la, la la la
And task the Talespinner for a snippet, fa la la la la, la la..., la...., LAAAAAAAA!

*Beats a hasty retreat, ducking under the barrage of empty inkwells, used printer cartidges and all manner of spent writing supplies...*

By Clansman on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 08:56 am: Edit Post

Oh, Mark. You have been gone too long, as that, ahem, verse, was a groaner even for you.

If I were Ursa Major from the Chrons I would come back with a suitable pun, but I am just not that witty (if the rest of you want to understand that, you have to become a denizen of www.sffchronicles.co.uk ).

Still, very cool, the coolest even, to have a hardback, back in North America.

By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 09:57 am: Edit Post

I agree! I hadn't made the connection either and was imagining spending lots of money to get a copy from England. Yay! :-)

By Trys on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 11:37 am: Edit Post

One Book to rule them.
One Book to find them.
One Book to bring them all and in the Lightness bind them.
In the land of Wurts where the Unicorns dance.

By mkchiu on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 09:30 pm: Edit Post

Hardback ISBN: 978-0007217823
Cost to US is about 40+/-1 USD.

26.98 GBP, releases 10/28.
38.40 CDN, hopefully releases 09/15 like trade paperback (in CDN market).

By Clansman on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 08:22 am: Edit Post

mckhiu, care to give a link?

By Trys on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 11:51 am: Edit Post

I checked amazon.co.uk and they list the hardcover for £20.00. Amazon.com lists it but does not show prices.

By Clansman on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 03:20 pm: Edit Post

Amazon.ca (Canada) still only shows a very expensive trade paperback, and no hardback.

By Trys on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 03:25 pm: Edit Post

Actually it shows a hardcover also. If you go to the trade paperback, under editions there's a link to the hardcover which, like amazon.com shows no price.

By mkchiu on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 07:20 pm: Edit Post

Hmm, the post with direct links to amazon ca & co.uk failed, probably since I forgot to hit post...

The CDN HB price was from adding and almost checking-out yesterday. Also, the pricing availability was before I added the alert-on-availability-of-hardback-version, and it looks like extracting the price has been fixed.

Regardless, the ISBN for the hardback is as I posted, and official pre-ordering is likely upcoming.

By Jan Michael Barlow on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 07:28 pm: Edit Post

Use Bookdepository.co.uk to buy the new hardcover of Initiate's Trial. Only about 23 bucks and it's free shipping worldwide. I buy all my new UK hardcovers from these guys, they are the BEST.

By mkchiu on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 07:51 pm: Edit Post

Thanks, interesting store.

It looks like bookdepository is 15 USD right now. Although HB ISBN is 978-0007362127, vs. the 978-0007217823 (now PB ISBN) I have in my notes.

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780007362127/Initiates-Trial
# Published: 28 October 2010

By Annette on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 11:45 pm: Edit Post

I notice the Book Depository in the UK sold out of the hardback a while ago and had to re-order last month (it is Dec here), and now Booktopia in Australia has sold out and are waiting for new stock to arrive. Seems the hardback is selling well, so hopefully the sales figures will be enough for Harper Collins to start giving Janny's books a bit more attention. And hardback versions for the last two books of course.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password: