Archive through April 08, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through April 08, 2010
   By Kim Murray on Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 07:16 am: Edit Post

It's probably a bit cheeky - but do you know start writing the next novel ??? Destiny's Conflict isn't it ???

I assume the ideas would flow on rather easily...

By Brian Rowe on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 12:50 am: Edit Post

Hey Give Janny a break! She has been slaving over a hot computer for yonks on this book- marvellous that she has finished it - but she needs a break to recharge batteries and gather thoughts In the paraphrased words of Micaelangelo She will start when She is ready

By Laneth Sffarlenn on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 01:49 am: Edit Post

I second Brian's sentiment.

Brian, I nearly spat my hot tea all over my computer screen here at work reading that - haven't heard the word "yonks", let alone seen it written down, for aaaages! Thanks for the laugh :D

By Trys on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 04:55 am: Edit Post

Janny will actually be entering phase two of book production: editing the manuscript as well as painting the cover art. Not until those things are done will she be able to start the next book. :-)

Trys

By Janny Wurts on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 10:34 am: Edit Post

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENTHUSIASM ON THIS MARATHON!

How big a book? Let's see what the meltdown (mine) on the final pages brings.

Meantime - I'm Back - great skiing, superb powder, we had oodles of very cold snow dumped all over us. Sigh. Fun!

And I edited pages.
This is an intense, blitz process, fun, except for the fact it has to be jammed at full speed. (you want book, publisher needs to keep production). My final copy/production/art/maps - can take months!!!

How I WISH I could start the next - in fact, I have - there are scenes and notes and papers of stuff that had to be set in place so the ending here, and the start there, stays contiguous.

Expect I will start the next volume "for real" toward end of summer.

Everything right now is geared to keeping production.