Archive through April 14, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through April 14, 2010
   By HJ on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 04:39 am: Edit Post

Hi Janny,

I was jusy wondering how it feels for you, with so much of the story written now, so many convoluted ins and outs, so many trials and struggles, such a mammouth amount of work behind you. Do you have a sense of the finishing line ahead? I know there's still an awful lot to come, I suppose I'm asking if you are anywhere near a sense of completion, or if you imagine what it will be like to have the whole, complete epic written and published, in all its glory?

From out here, reading your posts over the months, it seems as if you've found a lot of satisfaction from writing Initiates Trial, even though you say it's been a "bugger to write"; can I ask which book was the hardest of all in the series to write?

Cheers x HJ

By Hunter on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 05:19 am: Edit Post

I was intrigued that Janny would use the term "a bugger to write" as this strikes me as a very antipodean slang term. Is this a term used elsewhere?

By Dan Henby on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 06:41 am: Edit Post

Wow. Thanks for the feedback Janny. I'm sure I've said this before, but it's humbling to have you respond to messages and fill us in on the nitty-gritty of your job.

And Hunter: I'm pretty sure it's restricted to us Antipodeans. :-)

By Trys on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 11:47 am: Edit Post

From wikipedia: "Bugger is a slang word used in the vernacular British English, Irish English, Australian English, Canadian English, New Zealand English, South African English, Indian English, and occasionally also in Malaysian English, Scots and (rarely) American English"

I've heard bugger used in shows on BBCAmerica and I've taken it to mean both a mean, nasty person, or one who engages in sodomy (or as a verb 'bugger it') depending on context.

Here in the States, used the way Janny used it, it generally means 'a thing very difficult to accomplish'.

Trys

By wayne harper on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 11:51 am: Edit Post

glad to hear you're nearing the end of the process.allready put my preorder in with amazon still cant bear the wait.