Archive through April 22, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through April 22, 2010
   By Trys on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 02:35 pm: Edit Post

HJ,

I heard that about forty thousand (40,000) Americans are stranded in Britain alone due to the volcanic cloud.

Trys

By Hunter on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 06:37 pm: Edit Post

I also read a story about some poor unfortunate souls being stranded in Paris.. life's tough

By Sam M on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 08:28 pm: Edit Post

I am finally de-lurking after years of reading the site. I think I had a profile once upon a time but it was so long ago I can't remember it.

So with all that said, I am super excited about the new book, and Janny- I love love love how you share so much with your readers. The process is fascinating (and sounds quite tiring.)

I'm currently in the middle of a re-read of the series- on Traitor's Knot and I am (re) loving every minute of it. I don't want it to end!

Oh and on the topic of swearing and whatnot, as a child, we were threatened with not only soap (as my sister can attest) but when we lied or said bad words, we got Tabasco sauce on our tongue. OUCH!

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 09:41 am: Edit Post

Sam M - welcome here!

Tabasco - oh, that would work! Used that to keep a young horse from gnawing his pasture mate's blankets to tatters. Works, it does.

You should have seen the curled lips and horse faces...

Glad you are enjoying your re-read so much!

By HJ on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 05:31 pm: Edit Post

Hi Trys, yes. Lots of Brits have been stranded. I personally know of 5 different families stuck abroad, 2 in Florida, 1 in Portugal, 1 in Spain and 1 in Turkey. Heard many more tales of people stuck all over the place. British airspace has now re-opened and people are returning home. Heard some amazing stories of people coming home on brand new cruise liners, Royal Naval ships, fishermens' tugs. One family I heard tell of were on an all inclusive hol which was honoured for the extra days also so no cost incurred by the holidaymakers for their extra days. This I understand is very lucky. Also heard some horrid stories about people having to fund their extra nights, being shunted around and not being able to claim on insurance.
Seems it's all been a bit pot luck really. I've heard of people losing úthousands. You can do without it, can't you?