Archive through April 29, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through April 29, 2010
   By Hunter on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 06:31 pm: Edit Post

I would have thought the insurance companies would be using their so-called "Act of God" (or not our responsibility) clause in the policies. Leaving aside the question of the existence of such a being and then whether an erupting volcano is the result of direct interference by such a third party, it has inconvenienced a lot of people but is it something you insure against? And should it be paid out?

By Trys on Friday, April 23, 2010 - 11:35 am: Edit Post

I watched a report BBCAmerica news about the horrors people were experiencing due to the volcanic eruption. Some insurance companies are invoking 'act of nature' and others are bending over backwards to accommodate their customers... and everything in between. It all depends on whether the company cares or not, imo.

I'm the kind of person who supports companies who view me as important. For example, I buy my coffee (shade-grown, fair-trade, organic) from Grounds for Change located in the Pacific Northwest of the US. In the several years that I've been a customer there two errors have occurred. In one case, a gift order that I placed got shipped to me by accident. They shipped a replacement order to the correct address at no extra cost to me and told me to keep the one that I got. On the second occasion a customer membership discount (membership costs a little extra) didn't get applied to two orders. I missed it the first time. Not only did they straighten out the current order but also refunded the discount amount for the older order... I didn't really expect that. A sign of a quality organization and one that I'm happy to support.

I hope that those people who have not gotten quality customer care during this crisis will remember that when it comes time to travel again.

Trys

By etc on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 08:55 am: Edit Post

OK... so I *really* didn't like reading the summary HaperCollins Voyager has up on their website.

Is it *meant* to have that many spoilers? Really?

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 09:19 am: Edit Post

Ah, you missed the discussion on this then, etc? See lousy blurb for more details.....you'll have to open the archives to get at the heart of the matter, but the explanation should at least clarify a few things...

By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 11:52 am: Edit Post

Too bad there's not a way to post a "do not read this" before people would get to the blurb. Or maybe say something afterwards like, "ignore what you just read. Go to this site for the truth."
:-)
Unless there is a way to post something like that. I wouldn't know because I haven't read the blurb, due to what's been said on here.