Archive through May 02, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through May 02, 2010
   By HJ on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 07:03 pm: Edit Post

Janny, I'm so sorry I never thought to metion it before. I am a qualified proof reader. As well as being a generalist primary teacher with a proven track record of excellent results in literacy. Also, my husband is a living dictionary (family joke; thank god I married Geoff - if I meet a word I don't know, I ask Geoff. 9 times out of 10 he knows what it means. The one time he doesn't, he can't help himself - he goes and looks it up!! I am married to a dictionary!)

Therefore I would make the perfect proof reader for Initiate's Trial. I'd do it for free too!! You know it makes sense, Janny.

x x x

By Mark Stephen Kominski on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 11:01 pm: Edit Post

*Wishes he qualified for "lucky bastard" status*

Actually, I don't think I could stand reading just a third of it, as it's usually at that point in your books that I am most lost (in a good way), Madam Talespinner! Soldier on!

By Janny Wurts on Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 08:22 am: Edit Post

HJ - that is an incredibly generous offer! - What I REALLY need is a person with the fusspot factor in spades who could KEY IN my handwritten changes. This precision monkey work stalls the actual progress...the part only I can do. (staring at this pile of processed pages, in need of getting the updates into the e files).

It takes me HOURS...I used to stay up waaaay into the wee hours and just put on loud music and plow in. Time of life insomnia means I can't do this anymore, at least, not at that rate.

If there is anyone local who would LIKE to tackle this mess - well, I could use a lucky bastard/bastardess or two - :-)

Mark Stephen Kominski - yup, you would NOT want to quit off after the ending of Ch 5 set - this is usually where any of the books start the whammy on, picking up stride. This one is no exception - yup, it hits ground running, then tears - but 5 set really piles on the heat, and 6 set - well - the fuel just roars.

I want this book done and in production so bad I can feel my hair on fire. Better get back to it before my face explodes. :-)

By R Barron on Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 09:30 am: Edit Post

Heyla

Ooooh, I like "fusspot". Less PC than "detail-oriented", quirkier than "obsessive", not nearly as mean as "a... -g-

Hopefully, you will find your monkey assistant. Unfortunately, I am not lucky enough to be that one, New Orleans is a long commute. -chuckle-

-r

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 11:26 am: Edit Post

R Barron - are you new here? If so, welcome in!

I'd drive you if I had the time...:-)