Archive through May 12, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through May 12, 2010
   By Jay_Jay on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 06:11 pm: Edit Post

Hi, Trys, Janny and everyone else! :-)

I do check the website every so often to see what's up, but rarely post.

Yesterday I was looking for yet another excuse to procrastinate on my packing...LOL!

Have had some HUGE changes in my life lately. If I may wander a bit off topic here? I had surgery for a cochlear implant last November, and can now hear better than I have in years. And the place I am moving to in Bradford is a boarding and grooming kennel for dogs! So, that means a total career change. I had to give up my nursing due to the hearing a couple of years ago, anyway. I ws planning to go back to it, but then the chance to buy the kennel came along, and somehow it seemed like the right thing to do.

By Hunter on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 07:58 pm: Edit Post

Hmmm.. being able to hear better and then moving into a place with a thousand dogs barking at all hours of the day and night. Are you sure that's a good thing? :-):-)

(Ok, so I'm a cat person.. )

By Jay_Jay on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 08:58 pm: Edit Post

Ah, but I take the external part of the implant off at night! Without my hearing aid (in the other ear) and the implant, I have about 10% hearing in ONE ear!

That's why I've trained one of my dogs to alert me to important things like smoke alarms!

And the kennel only has room for about 20 or 30 dogs... :-)

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 10:01 pm: Edit Post

Good luck in the new career, Jay Jay - sounds like fun, really, better than listening to sick people all day ;)

By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 10:11 am: Edit Post

Sorry, Janny. I won't be at the Demicon. I wanted to go. It would have been awesome to meet you, but between my brother's wedding at the end of the month and the extra bills for my son, I can't afford it. Hope you have fun though! :-)