YOUR life is full if re-reads? That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing about me, as I comb religiously through the entire series again, looking for those subtle clues you so cunningly embedded!
Not sure whether re-reading the same section of a page 3 times is overkill, or just being tired, but I have found some new interesting points which I've developed into a few fascinating/idiotic theories on plot twists to come.
A few ideas which come to mind so far:
- Don't rule out the iyats - they haven't come into their own as yet, even now. (how about - iyats which feed on mistwraith energy/emotion?)
- Just what bad-news-stuff is still sleeping under Mirthlvain Swamp? It is listed a couple of times, at least in GC.
- The Koriani - their oaths are recordeded into the Skyron or Waystone, but the oath says the crystal itself has the power to judge (arbiter) if the vow is broken. It doesn't acknowledge the Prime as having this power. We also haven't had any info yet on those mysterious final trials of becoming Prime (that Lirenda was unlikely to pass) - does this involve a Prime's Oath into the Waystone, and if so, what would it be? Morriel would have sworn such (theoretically) into the Waystone, and again as Selidie???
- Magyre's black powder! A-HA! Not the last we've seen on this one.
- Ever notice how much the description of Ostermere sounds a little like the description of Aleston (caves beneath and all)? Might be relevant or not, but we all know there's trouble on the way for Havish.
I'm only up to GC at the moment, so I know there's more, but what does everybody think about these ideas?
How's the editing going, Janny? We haven't heard from you in forever! And by forever, I mean 13 days.
Okay Janny... you don't need to slow the editing down for me anymore! After 7 months of nadda, I have a job again and can afford the next volume! Full-speed ahead!
Maggie - I am past halfway through set 12, of 14.
2.5 sets to go....
*Thoughts of re-awakening the Snippet Mongering Office (which hovered menacingly close of late) sink back below the turbid waters of expectant fan impatience....*