Archive through July 07, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through July 07, 2010
   By Janny Wurts on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 08:53 pm: Edit Post

Starting to mark up and polish 13 set.

By Laneth Sffarlenn on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 09:57 pm: Edit Post

I am getting so excited for this next instalment :D

By Dan Henby on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 11:01 pm: Edit Post

This is pretty cool. 2 more chapter sets to polish, and then send through for publishing? Excellent!

In other news, Ray has finished his next, and is into the editing stage. And George Martin only has 2 more POV's to finish, which means it could be this decade. :P

That's great news Janny. Looking forward to seeing this little work of art, maybe by Christmas? Maybe by Easter?

Keep going!

By Salticidae on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 08:09 am: Edit Post

Hey everyone, have you all gone deaf from the vuvezulas?

Looking forward to seeing how you're going Janny with the polishing. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 02:03 pm: Edit Post

Hi Salticidae - welcome here!

Haven't gone deaf from the world cup noise because I don't have TV - grin. But the usual mayhem has been absent, these pages...me, mostly due to the fact I've been working.

The polishing: I am into the subchapters of 13, after a small, but delightful delay....namely, listening to audio narrators (they are casting for Stormwarden/Cycle of Fire's production and asked me to supply names I liked). In that line, I created an audio file of the names and places, and sent that for the (eventual) reader to follow so they know how to pronounce the language. And - Don very kindly helped work up some graphic treatments to suggest for the cover...

Back at the regular desk, marking pages.

There is some discussion of the books going on at GoodReads - Ships, in The Fantasy Book Club, the whole series at The Fantasy Book Club Series, and an in depth one (three chapter sets per week) about to start on July 15th at a group called Beyond Reality...come join in!

When I get done the polishing, maybe a sneak peek...who knows? Won't be long now.