Archive through July 19, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through July 19, 2010
   By Salticidae on Sunday, July 18, 2010 - 08:09 am: Edit Post

Just to throw in my $0.05, Janny, great news that you've got the home stretch to go. Roughly speaking, how long does it take to go from your polish to the bookshelves? Are we talking 6 months to a year?

Also, Dakar is indeed the rough diamond. For all of his vices, being apprenticed to Asandir for 500 years will have SOME effect. :-)

I guess at heart I'm a hopeless romantic. I can't wait for Ciladis to return, and for Traithe to regain his power. I'm confident that in the final chapters we will see him regain his power, as he sacrificed so much to shut off the South (?) gate.

All in all, great work Janny. Looking forward to ordering this one soon.

By Janny Wurts on Sunday, July 18, 2010 - 11:49 am: Edit Post

There is a pub date in mind; I will NOT make it firm until the manuscript is turned in, read, and the editors confirm that date.

The book will be in your hands as fast as possible, and I am very near to handing it in.

Keep speculating, meantime, this is good stuff, people!

By Dan Gamble on Sunday, July 18, 2010 - 12:53 pm: Edit Post

Woohoo, exciting stuff :-)

Also, thanks Raelene, I had forgotten that quote of Davien's. I'm only upto Grand Conspiracy on my re-read, and have picked up a lot of little hints and quotes that I had forgotten about. I'll have another look at that scene in Peril's Gate when I get to it. Dakar is fast becoming one of my favourite characters and one of the most interesting.

Salticidae - I hope Traithe get's his powers restored as well, he certainly deserves it, though I reckon you're right that if it does happen it'll happen near then end, as it is probably tied to the further understanding of Desh-theire. On Ciladis, I'm wondering if he does return, exactly how he will. Janny said that the series would deal with his fate - which isn't exactly a ringing endoresement that he will make a happy return, then there was her comment in the FAQs about that fact the he is associated with two colours, as he was the one Sorcerer that has changed. I just wonder when this change happened and what it was, and whether that will impact on the manner of his return.

By Wendy Collett on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 05:45 am: Edit Post

We've said a lot about Ciladis in the past, but I can't remember if we discussed this point:

Sethvir can't find the Paravians now through the earthlink (and presumably they did this to retreat from the Mistwraith), so just WHY would Ciladis need to be under ADDITIONAL wards that would put him to sleep? And - just why would he need to be asleep anyway - we know that Asandir's mind was still able to hear/understand, even while unconcious when he returned to Althain Tower after the rough lane trip.

What I'd like to know is - just what was the Mistwraith doing for 500 years until Arithon and Lysaer turned up? Innocent, hanging around doing nothing? I don't think so!

We're assuming that Ciladis is kept asleep to keep him safe? What if he's been attacked by the Mistwraith already?

By Janny Wurts on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 08:23 am: Edit Post

Nice to see the chat come alive - :-)

I am on the last subchapters, now - only 35 pages of the meltdown markup to go...