Archive through July 21, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through July 21, 2010
   By Raelene Monahan on Monday, July 19, 2010 - 10:12 am: Edit Post

I have another bit to add about Ciladis - following on from Wendy, what was the mistwraith doing for 500 years and why did ciladis agree to sleep? Perhaps Ciladis has been tranced in a way that helps to manage the influence of the miswraith and so it hasn't been able to do too much over the 500 years...He would need some protection if this is the case, hence the additional wards. Just a thought :-) AND WOOOO! for Janny!!!

By Sandra Jacob on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 07:50 am: Edit Post

Oh goodness, I get so excited I can't hardly stand it when I read this. Ciladis is asleep? How did I miss this? Of course I've only read the series once and am just starting a reread (2/3 through Curse). You all are bringing up such good points!

Re: Lysaer - I can't help but think there will be some kind of redemption for him. Except that he has done such horrendous things - beheading Maenelle, enslaving clansmen, burning his own troops in his untrammeled rage, torturing Jieret - that I cannot imagine him surviving a trip through Davien's maze, or even beginning to own some of his grievous errors.

Does anyone wonder if Lirenda will uncover Morriel's deed and take power to perhaps be a softer, gentler Prime? Hard to imagine I know, but she has at least been able to FEEL the love when Arithon has reached out to soften her.

And GO JANNY! How does one become lucky enough to read pages?

By Chana on Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - 01:32 pm: Edit Post

How could Lirenda uncover anything from her position? In PG, in return for Elaira not revealing how Arithon escaped Jaelot, Lirenda warned Elaira to act in front of Selidie exactly as she would with Morriel. I think it's more likely that Elaira will take that hint and uncover Morriel's plot.

Also, I don't think Lirenda felt any real love towards Arithon. It was more a mixture of fascination and lust, which turned to hatred after her defeat.

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 09:02 am: Edit Post

Sandra Jacob - and Chana - welcome here!

(lucky enough to read pages, it's a secret. ;0 - runs like mad) - you did see the sneak previews?

By Sandra Jacob on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 10:16 am: Edit Post

NO, you dog! I did NOT see the sneak previews! Where are they?