Archive through August 27, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through August 27, 2010
   By Laneth Sffarlenn on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 05:55 pm: Edit Post

Hey Sleo, I wonder where you got the books in eBook format?

I remember asking the question on here a while back if Janny was going into ePublishing and she said no (if I remember rightly)...

I could very well be wrong, but just thought I'd ask.

By Sleo on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 06:23 pm: Edit Post

I only got FP thru SF in eformat and I got them from Waterstones in the UK. I misspoke about all of them. Sure wish I could get the first 3 because it's so much easier looking for things. I have a Nook, so use EPUB files. They're available from Amazon.com in the US, but only from Grand Conspiracy thru SF. For some stupid reason they don't have Fugitive Prince.

By Laneth Sffarlenn on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 06:35 pm: Edit Post

Thanks!

It might be a licensing thing regarding why they don't have the others up. Different publishers, different contract dates / obligations / etc.

I've an iPad and would love to get them on there despite having the whole series on my bookshelf.

By Sleo on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 06:42 pm: Edit Post

You're welcome. I suppose it could be licensing, but also the Amazon Kindle has its own formatting and apparently it's difficult to format ebooks so that they're readable in all formats. I downloaded Kindle for PC to read things that are available there that I can't find elsewhere, and the formatting was atrocious, and not a problem at all in the Nook version.

By Trys on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 08:06 pm: Edit Post

HarperCollinsUK is the publisher of all the books in the series. The later volumes have made it into e-format because they could more quickly be converted. The earlier volumes are take longer but customer demand could speed up the process.