Archive through September 01, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through September 01, 2010
   By Kirsten Laurelle Wallace on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 02:22 pm: Edit Post

(De-lurking after what's seemed like a way too long summer) Just wanted to say, thank you so much for working so hard on getting IT finished, Janny. I can't wait to read it. I've been holding back on re-reading the previous books because I'd like to read them all in one sweap once IT's is released. I'm so excited it's hard not to start reading them now. Only I know I'll be done with them by the end of the month. :-)

By Kris Deal on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 01:34 pm: Edit Post

Janny,

I love your books.

Have you considered an online glossary? It would keep your page numbers down and could be formatted with search functions that could be very useful to readers of a series of this length.

By Janny Wurts on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 02:19 pm: Edit Post

Kris Deal - welcome here! and thanks.

Yes, I've thought of an online glossary - rather not - here's why: each glossary is self contained in the book (e versions would have that search function you want) but not every body has computer access. The bigger reason: each volume's glossary is re-set for THAT BOOK - so that it is current with the timeline for that volume - to post a glossary online for Initiate's Trial would CAUSE SPOILERS MAJOR if somebody earlier on in the series opened the wrong file.

And having one per volume - sigh - that's a lot of menu mess.

MUCH rather have the books self contained if possible. Not break the format we've had going for the whole series.

Time will tell.

By Trys on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 04:27 pm: Edit Post

Hi Kris, if you are interested in a searchable resource, you could check out the Paravia Wiki located at http://wiki.paravia.com and being managed by Brain Uri. Of course, you can also contribute. :-)

By Kris on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 10:03 am: Edit Post

Thank you for the welcomes, the explanation, and the link.