Archive through September 17, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through September 17, 2010
   By Janny Wurts on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 08:55 am: Edit Post

The draft IS finished - it's the final polish on the language to be sure it reads tightly and cleanly.

The entire sequence of the book is down, in full, with no loopholes or gaps.

Once I get the manuscript turned in, then I start on the artwork.

It's my PLAN - to produce the graphic style for the release, and also do the painting I would have for the character styled jacket - then, if you want your books to 'match' you can buy the alternate style (I will make a print with tyopgraphy that can cover the existing book) from me.

But I need free time to do that, and right now, ALL effort is going into getting the pages through proofing.

By Paige Madison on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 04:16 pm: Edit Post

This is great news! I can't wait until I can actually buy it! I'll be ordering it as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for all you do, Janny.

By Konran on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 09:38 pm: Edit Post

Hey Janny, just wondering -- which will help more, a preorder or waiting to buy until the book actually comes out? I know that any sales are helpful, I was just wondering if they weighted them differently or anything. I want to make sure your numbers are as good as possible so you can keep up with the awesome books! <3

By Janny Wurts on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 10:02 am: Edit Post

Konran - preorders are a very clear signal to the chain and the publisher that reader anticipation is going to be there for them. Enough preorders can up the title's presence, and even, increase the press run.

By Konran on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 03:22 pm: Edit Post

Duly noted =) I'll preorder as soon as there's a release date then, and let everyone else I've gotten into the series know to do the same.