Archive through September 22, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through September 22, 2010
   By Sleo on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 05:16 pm: Edit Post

Is it listed anywhere for preorder? If so, I'll order it.

By Sleo on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 05:20 pm: Edit Post

Well, I just searched for it at B&N and they also have that funny book listed, Janny. I posted a review saying 'This is a rip off', 'using legitimate works to sell something that's available free online.'

By Janny Wurts on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 09:09 am: Edit Post

Sandra - thanks. I will inform my publisher (again) though - I do fear this is not 'illegal' - sadly...the fact that people post to Wiki under no claim of copyright - anyone could lift and use this stuff...IF (and is it?) they are putting my byline on it, that is another matter, as I did not write one WORD of the wikipedia entries (as proven by the fact many of them are not accurate in the least)!

The 'free info' people biting themselves or maybe others in the ass...makes for buyer beware, that's for certain.

Happy note time - thanks to anyone considering a preorder!

By Janny Wurts on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 09:16 am: Edit Post

Latest word on the bogus listing for that fake 'compendium' - my publisher got back and said, yup, it's 'legal' - taken from public domain Wikipedia stuff - Amazon refuses to take it down.

Which means the POD company has free rein to continue this misleading product.

The publisher will post a warning on Amazon - best we can do. Thanks to anyone who's helped in this affray. Your sharp eyes and willingness are a blessing.

By Maggie on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 06:50 pm: Edit Post

It would appear as though some crazy blurb has been posted about this book on Goodreads. Things that don't appear to be at all on the mark. It also gives a publish date of the end of next month.