Archive through October 02, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through October 02, 2010
   By Sleo on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 07:06 pm: Edit Post

Maggie, I looked them up and here is a link to all the so-called books being ripped off by this outfit.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/list/4340042.Books_LLC

By Maggie on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 07:17 pm: Edit Post

Its not only there, its also on the initiate's trial book blurb here:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6706844-initiate-s-trial

By Janny Wurts on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 09:45 pm: Edit Post

Maggie - I think that GoodReads listing/link you put up for Initiate's Trial is legitimate - in that, it's place holding for the REAL book, when it happens.

Not all info on that link will be correct, but I think the book's cover and release date etc will be corrected/filled in when the book is settled in schedule and those details are officially avialable. Many of the GoodReads links pull directly off Amazon, from what I understand, I could be wrong there...

The LLC book is a totally different affair - it is NOT under my byline, or anything to do with me - one cannot copyright TITLES and this outfit are just trying to hoodwink readers into buying something they can already get free - the info is on the internet - cobbled together from public domain posts by OTHERS on things like Wikipedia - from what I've been told. The less attention I can give it the better....buyer beware, in this case. My publisher complained, but could not get it taken down. They plan to post a warning on Amazon's page, at least.

I don't plan to waste more time on it....too many books to WRITE.

By Mark Timmony on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 02:42 am: Edit Post

Hi Janny,

Just wondering when the manuscript is being turned in? Or has already gone? Should I start harassing 'people'? :-)

Emma Coode came and visited Galaxy while she was here in Sydney - such a lovely lady!

Mark.

By starstorm on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 09:19 am: Edit Post

Wow, people... patience! :-)

I really, really, also want this new book, but over the years (since Fugitive Prince), I know there's a wait involved, but also that it's always well worth that wait, so I just accept it, and it kind of makes me laugh when people (lovingly) pester Janny!

I guess it's also to my advantage that I read kind of slowly, so I know there will be plenty of good books to get me through until Initiate's Trial. If anybody is looking for some other wonderful reads to keep them busy before IT, I can't recommend Carol Berg enough (if you want a stand-alone and can find it, Song of the Beast is amazing), but some other fantastic recent reads were Cold Magic by Kate Elliott (I think it's the best thing she's yet written), The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin (really, really wonderful author's "voice" as well as great characters and story), and for a lighter, fun read, Boneshaker by Cherie Priest (and if you like that, Dreadnought has just come out this week; I just started it :-)).

So hang in there...!

~Anna