Archive through October 03, 2010

Janny Wurts Chat Area: Arc 4: Sword of the Canon: Initiate's Trial: Initiate's Trial Status: Archive through October 03, 2010
   By Trys on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 09:26 am: Edit Post

Anna, Mark was asking because he works at Galaxy Bookstore (in Sydney is it Mark?) and he wants to be sure to get copies of the book in his store as soon as humanly possible. :-)

By Janny Wurts on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 10:07 am: Edit Post

Mark - it is not turned in yet - draft is finished, the boil down pass is finished, I am just past half way through with the final polish - cutting it as close to the bone as I can, since the draft was over 1000 manuscript pages. (comparable to Peril's Gate).

You'll see a full post here when the manuscript goes in - meantime, check out Stormwarden's audio release!

By Sleo on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 12:16 pm: Edit Post

I don't know, but I think if I were Janny, I would love the fact that people are so impatient. And Anna, thanks for the book suggestions. And ITA about Carol Berg. I read The Lighthouse Duo earlier this year and it was fabuloso and now am reading her first books, the Rai-Kirah trilogy and it's fascinating.

By Annette on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 07:37 pm: Edit Post

Well despite the fact the Perils Gate hard cover was big enough to knock you out if you fell asleep reading it, I prefer a nice long read. 1000 manuscript pages sounds fine to me, I stick to the paperbacks now anyway, less risk!

By Mark Timmony on Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 12:54 am: Edit Post

Hey Trys - yep Galaxy is in Sydney.

I've been absent from the forums recently and just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it :-)